Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is now the third time since May that someone has popped my lock cylinder on my driver's side door and broken into my car. I'm really tired of replacing the cylinder just to have it popped again, but I don't want to fill the cylinder access hole in case my battery dies and I need to get into my car. Any ideas on the best way to stop this vicious cycle?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You could shave the driver's handle and install a custom release switch somewhere on the bottom of the side skirt...you can do like a toggle or regular button...just a thought...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'm 100% positive they make a bracket to stop this. Someone on these sites have done it to secure the cylinder locks. It's like a heavy duty bracket that bolts inside the door to stop thiefs. Can't say where to get it, but maybe google can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the plate you're talking about. It requires a full detrim of the door, but possibly worth it. The problem is, if the cylinder is still visible, they can still shove a flathead into the cylinder and damage it. The door won't open, but I'll have to replace the cylinder again and every other time they do it.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Guess shaving the door locks and putting poppers on would be the next option then.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No alarm? Or do they not care?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts