Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between 6.4 exhaust manifolds or BBK 40460 ceramic coated long tubes with round ports, they will be going on my 2012 5.7.
Looking for options form anyone that may have any experience with either, I’ve gotten mixed responses about if the round port BBKs will work with my 2012 D ports but they are listed to fit 09-19

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have the SRT manifolds on my 18 R/T w STP and an Edelbrock 2650 making 500/490 with only 4 PSI . while I can’t say what the SRT manifolds are worth I think the end numbers speak for themselves . I had the manifolds left from my Scat so it was an easy choice and the SRT manifolds are much quieter and don’t contribute as much heat under the hood as long tubes . there are Demons running 8’s with these same manifolds so flow should not be in question . they are a ***** to install on a 5.7 though . SRT manifolds gets my vote..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely good information, I did a 6.4 intake and plan on doing a cam at some point so I’m definitely not heavily modified but just want to be shure whatever I choose will be good with future mods, thank you for your help

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The 2012 5.7L has the D shaped exhaust ports in the heads. To get a good seal without exhaust leaks, and good exhaust flow, you want the gaskets and headers to match the D-port shape. Skip any headers with round ports.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, that’s good to know. I been seeing people talking about running round port headers on the D port heads but just wasn’t sure how well that works

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
There may be some instances where people have mixed D-ports and round-ports but I don't know of any engine builders that recommend it. The headers are such a PITA to install (6 - 8+ hrs) that it's not worth risking it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I say long tubes I just did a 392 cam that kept the VCT and MDS though MDS is turned off and also did some Corsa LTs and a catback and gained almost 100rwhp so LTs get my vote if you're worried about engine bay temps do the ceramic coats and if that isn't enough for you to be comfortable with use a titanium exhaust wrap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts