Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2007 Charger RT Daytona. I'm looking for the best catback system that's CARB legal. Thanks guys:TU:

·
12,919 Posts
I found a couple of items on some other forums:

"It depends on few of things really
-How loud it is (how noticeable)
-If it affects the catalytic converter
-And if the cop isn't in a good mood lol
But by law your car has to have a catalytic converter and mufflers and I found this for ya:

"No person shall use a muffler cut-out or by-pass. No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internal parts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust."

I'm no expert, but from looking around I think as long as you pass smog (which almost any cat-back system should) and aren't too loud, you should be fine. As far as I know, even most shorty headers are CARB legal. The BBK headers I have are. Also, for what it's worth, I have a Solo Performance exhaust system and I like it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think of the Flowmaster American Thunder kit? Its a reasonable price. I had a Borla on my 2004 Mustang Mach 1 that sounded nice but I dont wanna spend that much. Do these Charger Daytonas allready have a single baffle muffler on them? I thought I read something like that before. Thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check out Zoomer's Exhaust, I have that system on my car and it sounds amazing. You really get to hear that exhaust note when you want to and it is very quiet at cruising speed with no drone. Well worth the look.

·
#speedlogix
6,401 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about just buying the mufflers and have them welded in? I realy don't wanna spend a lot of money on the car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What do you think of the Flowmaster American Thunder kit? Its a reasonable price. I had a Borla on my 2004 Mustang Mach 1 that sounded nice but I dont wanna spend that much. Do these Charger Daytonas allready have a single baffle muffler on them? I thought I read something like that before. Thanks again
I've stated plenty of times on this forum that the Flowmaster II American Thunder's sound AMAZING on our cars.. I have a 2006 Daytona and I have one in my garage waiting to go on in the spring, also have kooks longtube headers and high flow mids.. I was sold on these because a friend of mine has them on his Daytona and it REALLY makes the car's sound just like old school muscle.. it's a real head turner.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realy wanna leave the stock pipes in and just have some mufflers welded in. Does Flowmaster sell the American THunder mufflers alone? Thanks

·
12,919 Posts
I think a lot of muffler shops will install whatever they can get. You may want to call a few shops in your area.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've stated plenty of times on this forum that the Flowmaster II American Thunder's sound AMAZING on our cars.. I have a 2006 Daytona and I have one in my garage waiting to go on in the spring, also have kooks longtube headers and high flow mids.. I was sold on these because a friend of mine has them on his Daytona and it REALLY makes the car's sound just like old school muscle.. it's a real head turner.
I got an American Thunder from AutoAnything and with the discount and (eventual) rebate ($75.00) it cost about $440.00. I just had it installed yesterday for $58.00. The fit was perfect - I watched him install it. It sounds awesome. A little bit of a drone at certain RPM's, but eh, I can live with it.

For the money, the Flowmaster is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just got a 2007 Charger RT Daytona. I'm looking for the best catback system that's CARB legal. Thanks guys:TU:
in my opinion the best exhaust you can have is kooks long tubes and srt's corsa for your rt.

any catback that you can get for half the price is great, i got a corsa for half the price.

i recommend cut outs for you, i feel they're better than a cat back, here's a youtube. cut outs are sickkkk

QTP Cutouts on Stacey David's Rat Roadster - YouTube

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in my opinion the best exhaust you can have is kooks long tubes and srt's corsa for your rt.

any catback that you can get for half the price is great, i got a corsa for half the price.

i recommend cut outs for you, i feel they're better than a cat back, here's a youtube. cut outs are sickkkk

QTP Cutouts on Stacey David's Rat Roadster - YouTube
Very nice. I just need to make sure whatever I put on is not going to give me any problems when its time to SMOG the car here in California. This is why i'm most likely limited to just a catback kit or aftermarket mufflers alone. I don't wanna spend too much. I'm gonna be getting some new rims come summer time. Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like i'm gonna go with the Flowmaster American Thunder catback kit. The best price I found was $625 shipped.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts