Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SRT8 "Super Bee" charger. I can't seem to find any info on this car. There are lots of Charger Super Bees out there but I can't find anything on a 2006 SRT8 charger Super Bee. Everything seem to start from 2007. It has the 6.1 L Hemi. Could this be some kind of prototype from Dodge?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there is no doubt that my car is a 2006. That is why I have this question of having a 2006 Super Bee.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks billetAG for your reply. Now you have me thinking..is it possible that the car could be registered under the wrong year? When I called the insurance co. and gave them my VIN , they confirmed that it was indeed a 2006. But no matter how much research I do on this car, I just can't find a 2006 Super Bee. They all seem to start in 2007 as you said, and that is what I have found. I tried emailing the Chrysler Corp but when I put in my VIN, they said it was not a valid VIN. Any ideas about what to do next to get to the bottom of this?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think the 10th digit in the VIN designates the year? It will be a number up until 2010 and then a letter “A” starting in 2010. Your 10th digit will either be a 6 or 7.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the 10th digit in the VIN designates the year? It will be a number up until 2010 and then a letter “A” starting in 2010. Your 10th digit will either be a 6 or 7.
I just checked my VIN and the 10th number is a 6. So I guess it is indeed a 2006.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm beginning to think that this car is a rare one. I don't know if it makes any difference whether the car was made in the States or Canada. But the VIN shows that the care is a 2006. Maybe it was a prototype made by Chrysler in 2006 ?
At any rate, I love the car and really only take it to car shows in the area ( Niagara Peninsula ). It attracts a lot of attention and I have had other people ask me about it being a 2006 Superbee. They all say they have never seen a 2006 Super Bee before. The car looks like it just came off the showroom floor and I intend to keep it that way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting facts for sure. I see that in 2006 there were not a lot of SRT8s made in Canada, only 596. But the big question still remains " Why does it say "Super Bee" on the back panel? If you look at the figures you sent me, it looks like the Super Bee started being made in 2009 and only 102 were made in Canada. It looks like I'm no closer to the answer I'm looking for but I sure appreciate your help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Type your vin in at this sight. I've done 3 dodges and it essentially pulls up the build sheet. It was very helpful. Shows way more then the window sticker. Gabe

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
Thanks rtgabe for this information. I went to the site and put in my VIN and got a printout of my equipment listing for the car. More stuff on it than I realized. Nothing about a "super bee" logo on the quarter panels though. I did find out that the car was built in the province of Alberta and then came to Ontario. Very interesting website!
Thanks again for your help...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Are you sure the previous owner didn't just stick the superbee logo on an SRT car? Is there any other Superbee logos in the car like on the dash, seats? Didn't the superbee's have embroidered seat logos?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sure the previous owner didn't just stick the superbee logo on an SRT car? Is there any other Superbee logos in the car like on the dash, seats? Didn't the superbee's have embroidered seat logos?

Thanks for your reply Stevens12. The logo on the quarter panels are more than just a " Super Bee" icon. The logo extends along the side of the rear of the car. As far as any other logos, only the SRT8 logo shows up in different places. I doubt very much if the previous owner (who I happen to know) applied any logos to the car.

Since the car was made in Canada and was the first year for this type of car, I can't help but wonder if this car was something different like a prototype.

Thanks for your help...Oldphart

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Any pics of the ride? Seems like it might be exclusive

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any pics of the ride? Seems like it might be exclusive
I do have some pictures but since I'm quite new here, I don't know how to upload a picture. I tried the other day and it didn't work. Is it possible to send an email address without the whole world knowing what it is?

·
Registered
921 Posts
The Superbee started in 2007, color: detonator yellow, wheels are polish aluminum, 1,000 units were built. They have a numbered dashplack, my was 659 of 1,000.

The 2008 Superbee, color B5 Blue, 1,000 units were built.

The 2009 Superbee, color Hemi Orange, I think there were 425 units were built

All new Chargers are built in Canada.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Superbee started in 2007, color: detonator yellow, wheels are polish aluminum, 1,000 units were built. They have a numbered dashplack, my was 659 of 1,000.

The 2008 Superbee, color B5 Blue, 1,000 units were built.

Thanks for your reply. You have a nice looking car. I sure would like to know how that Super Bee logo got on my car. The previous owner says he bought it that way. I agree with you that in 2006, they didn't build a Super Bee. I guess it will always remain a mystery.

Have a great day....Oldphart
The 2009 Superbee, color Hemi Orange, I think there were 425 units were built

All new Chargers are built in Canada.

I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I've seen dealerships upbadge cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've seen dealerships upbadge cars.
You could be quite right about that. My car came from Alberta to Ontario. It could be a little difficult to contact the original dealer and ask them if that's what happened. They probably wouldn't remember since car is now 13years old.
Maybe not even the same people work there anymore.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts