Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I know I haven't been around a lot lately, but have had to refocus some energies. My daughter has decided we are doing a trip to Orlando for our family vacation this year. We are hoping to spend a 1 1/2 days in the Jacksonville area. One of those days, she wants to spend on the beach. So my questions are:
1. What would be the best beach within 1 hr of Jacksonville to spend a day at?
2. With the beach decided, what would be a good hotel to stay at? I don't need anything fancy, just a safe area with 2 queen beds and a free breakfast.
3. We plan on arriving on Monday July 15th and leaving on Wednesday the 17th. Anyone gonna be around? Looking to maybe meet up with some of the locals, grab some dinner or whatever?
In Orlando from the 17th until the 21st, then back out through I75 hitting Gatty (again) on the way home.
Looking forward to your replys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jax Beach is fun, but a 30 minute drive south of Jacksonville is St Augustine. Its where Ponce De Leon landed many a mopar ago and have a lot of great shops eats and beaches. Vilano beach/St Augustine beach are always real nice and there are a lot of things to walk up and due after the beach.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, that's what I'm kinda looking for. A nice beach to hang out on for a bit, but also something else to do for the rest of the day. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Im not originally from here so i dont mind saying Jax beach sucks big time. The tea stained st johns river empties into the Atlantic here and makes the water look dirty. Beach sand not much better. 30 south to st augustine is where to go. Better beach, better water, better food and way, way more to do.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Ya, travelling all that way to swim in tea stained water doesn't seem all that appealing. So St Augustine it seems to be. Any particularly good (yet moderately priced) hotels in the area? I do the internet research thing but pictures can only do so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts