·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me: 40 yr old with 2 kids looking to buy one of the last american V8s
Budget: 50k-70k
Want - New Charger - Scat Pack WB or Hellcat WB
Location - S. Florida

I plan to keep it forever and in time, maybe hand it over to one of my kids. My daily drive would typically involve your typical grocery trips, kids to and from school. I might try my hand at drag racing at some point in the future but honestly part of me doesn't want to, simply cos I don't want to thrash my engine.

I will have another SUV for big trips or stuff when luggage is needed. But that would be my wife's primary car, while I keep the Charger as mine.

Questions
1. What is the regular maintenance cost for Hellcats (besides gas)? I keep reading about tires and brakes fading very quickly but I also think its cos the way the owners drive those cars? Not sure

2. If I plan to keep it for 15-20 yrs, which one has a better chance of lasting longer - the Hellcat engine or the non-supercharged 6.4l V8 from the Scat Pack?

3. For regular driving, is the Hellcat too much car to control? For context, I am an immigrant (so no family history of growing up near muscle cars etc) whose first car was a FWD VW CC with 200HP. I have seen videos of Hellcat crashes and they make me a tad anxious!!

4. Anything else I should know? I am looking to place an order for one of the Last Call chargers that will hopefully be up for ordering my end of this year.

Thank you so much!

Krib

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
1. The brakes do NOT fade, even on a track with the SC 4-piston ones. 2. Longevity depends upon you and how you drive. 3. Honestly, the SC is better. Like they say, "It's easier to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow". I've had both, and you never really use the power of the HC in daily life. 4. The HC 6-piston front brake pads get dirty as heck! and you'll want to change them. The 4-piston SC are clean as the rears (which are the same on both). Honestly, if I didn't do a lot of racing, I would have kept my SC because I loved it to death!

·
Registered
187 Posts
If the situation was just me - a single 40 y/o guy, with no wife, kids, or intentions of handing it down, then it's the Kitty all day long! But, in your situation, realistically, go with the SP. I'm sure insurance is cheaper, and when your kid comes of age and you call the insurance agent, they probably won't be ROLFMAO when you ask them how much to cover junior on the Kitty🤣 Plus, they are less likely to get into a situation of losing control of so much power, being a relatively newer, inexperienced driver with that much on tap under the right foot.

Also, I don't know about you, but if I WERE going for the Kitty, it'd be the jailbreak model, and that'd blow well past the upper end of your budget.:D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Get a nice optioned Scat Pack and enjoy. More than enough for the street. The Hellcats are already over your $70K budget and come 2023 they will command even more.

A new 2022 Hellcat (All hellcats are widebodys) starts at $78,595 with ZERO options. (Black or white paint)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@tacamo01 @GoManGo0406 @baabootoo

Thank you all for your inputs. I highly appreciate it (and so does my bank account!).

@tacamo01 I was considering going to 85k if the overwhelming consensus was to buy the HC and/ or HC would likely be a more valuable hand-me-down for my kids but looks like that isn't the case.

My only remaining concern is ADM. Anyone know of dealers who aren't going to rob you blind?! I think I have seen Koons mentioned time and again but have never ordered factory before so all of this seems a bit overwhelming to me now.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Koon's and Dan Cummings are by far the best two that folks on the Hellcat forum recommend. If you want a Hellcat I suggest reading on the Hellcat org site to get all the new info and POC's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, not sure why I didn't get a notification to see this msg. Thank you. Where can I see a list of all HCs or SPs that Koon's have in inventory? Seems like they have a couple of different locations?
Koons of Tysons Corner but to get discount you have to send message to the group buy and factory order. Not sure how long they're taking 22 orders and doubt the discount would be for 23s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts