Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, been reading quite a few forum posts to help resolve my issue. None exactly helped me.
A few days ago, I was driving and received a Service Shifter alarm. A few moments later, I got service engine, service transmission, service ABS, and service power steering with probably a few more alarms. I was driving 60mph and my cluster said I was currently in P. Out of fear that I was about to have a major failure, I pulled over into a gas station parking lot. After pulling over my shifter was blinking red and I was unable to put my car into park at first.
At this point I shut off the vehicle and was unable to turn it back on again. I got No Bus on my odometer.
The next few hours were spent trying to diagnose the problem. Checking fuses, unhooking certainthings such as my headlights, battery, etc. At the point I didn’t have a scanner on me.
After finally giving in and calling someone for a ride, my car magically started with no alarms on my dash. I hurried and drive my vehicle home. About 10miles away.
The next morning I started my vehicle and went to Walmart and bought a new battery. On the drive home I got service shifter again. Luckily I was around the block from my home.
Since then I have checked the connections to my pcm, replaced the battery, and checked for blown fuses. So far, no luck.
Now I currently have no alarms on my dash but have multiple alarm codes.
Which are:
U0140 - Lost communication with BCM
U1110 - Lost Vehicle Speed Message
U1120 - Lost Wheel Distance Message
U11BC - Lost Brake Switch Message
U0101 - Lost communication with TCM
U0001 - High Speed CAN Communicstion Bus
U1267 - No Valid Data from ESM on CAN

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Currently in a bad spot and do not have any extra cash to pay for a mechanic. This is my daily driver and with my current situation I have had to take a few vacation days. Thank you!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update#1 - got it down to 3 codes now.
U0101 - lost communication with TCM
U0001 - High Speed Can Communication
U1267 - No Valid Data from ESM
I’m thinking there is a shorted wire somewhere due to the fact that it almost seems like it’s coming and going.

· Registered
2015 Rallye with Plus Package
4,143 Posts
My son has had intermittent problems with his '16 Pacifica. It started with a "Service Shifter" message. The dealer replaced the shifter assembly, but the error returned a few days later. Later, different error messages appeared as well as a slew of error codes. For full details on this, you can read this thread on the Pacifica forum:
He unplugged each of the connectors from the CANbus module and sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner. I asked him a couple of weeks ago how it was working, and he said that it's been okay for the past couple of months.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son has had intermittent problems with his '16 Pacifica. It started with a "Service Shifter" message. The dealer replaced the shifter assembly, but the error returned a few days later. Later, different error messages appeared as well as a slew of error codes. For full details on this, you can read this thread on the Pacifica forum:
He unplugged each of the connectors from the CANbus module and sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner. I asked him a couple of weeks ago how it was working, and he said that it's been okay for the past couple of months.
I will try this here shortly. Thank you for your reply!

· Registered
2,165 Posts
I had a similar problem last year a few times and traced to it a bad gauge connected to my OBD2 port! When I left it unplugged, it never happened again. Secondly, it was only after driving for 4+ hours non-stop.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a similar problem last year a few times and traced to it a bad gauge connected to my OBD2 port! When I left it unplugged, it never happened again. Secondly, it was only after driving for 4+ hours non-stop.
Well I did have a Z Automotive Tazer plugged in. Maybe that was it? I have had it unplugged for a day or two now, and did have a lot of alarms go away. I’m gonna check the trunk wiring and clean my bus connections once it stops snowing. Then I’m gonna try to take it for a drive for awhile and see what happens.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update #3 - so I believe I have narrowed down a short in my rf antenna. The way the wire was taped had it at a 90deg and I’m wondering if my tools and most recently bags of salt caused a short in the set of wires. I wiggled the wire and all my alarms came on.
Not sure if coincidence because after I disconnected the battery and tried to recreate the issue again, nothing. But now I had all my original codes again.
I noticed the rear exterior lights were no longer functioning. I’m wondering if this is related to my trunk not opening as well. The BCM controls these lights and I’m assuming the trunk and usb/cig lighter. Now I’m in the process of trying to remove the BCM.
Maybe if I disconnect/connect all connections to the bcm, the module will reset itself? Not sure to be honest.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Used a friends more expensive scanner and got multiple short to ground codes for the BCM. Ordered a used BCM off eBay. Should be here in the next few days, will post updated when I get it installed.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update #4 - The new BCM didn’t help. Maybe someone can answer my questions. So my track light won’t turn on at all. I have this diagram below, everything circled won’t turn on. Module intg stack is me assuming that’s why my usb and cig light won’t work. Trunk doesn’t function. Side markers as well. The red lines are for the track lights.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

1 - 12 of 12 Posts