Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, i recently lost sound in my front driver side speaker in my 09 Dodge Charger. I assumed it was blown out somehow and used it as an excuse to buy some better speakers. I guess I should’ve poked around a bit online before I bought new stuff, because I just hooked up a new speaker to the front drivers side and it still does not produce sound. It came with a very easy wiring kit, so I doubt I set it up wrong. My question is what might cause a speaker to lose sound like that if the speakers not blown out? Intuitively, I’d say wiring somewhere, but how do I figure out where the fault might be? My factory stereo has had some issues where the knobs won’t work on very rare occasions or things like that, so maybe the stereo is the issue? I would take any advice, especially if you have dealt with this before lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn’t so much it stopped in the middle of the song, it was just a couple of times driving I realized the sound wasn’t where it should be and then I realized my speaker wasn’t making noise. I agree, it seems to be the radio… especially because this morning when I drove to work the radio turned on but not the display of the stereo itself lol. I could still change the volume and presets and everything, but the display was not lit up. After work it all seemed to be working fine. I’m going to try and take out the stereo and see if I can’t spot anything fishy. If not, maybe taking it out might help, just like blowing on a GameCube cartridge lol. I’ll update if anything changes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve been looking more into it, it might be the fuses, and that’s a big maybe. In my owners manual, it states that fuse 36 deals with the radio and fuse 44 deals with the amp. Once I get off work I plan on pulling them and seeing if they’re burnt/damaged. Maybe looking at the fuses/taking them out will kinda reset everything and will fix it all. I’m hopeful, but not too optimistic, will update once I try it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pulled both fuses I talked about and no luck. The metal prongs on the radio fuse seemed a little color changed like when metal is heated, but it seemed fine otherwise. I also disconnected my battery for longer. I disconnected it for ~5 minutes last time but read to do it for an hour. Well, I forgot and left it disconnected overnight lol, but it still didn’t change anything. I’m at my wits end. I’d rather not take it into a mech or dealer, but I might just so I can get my sound back. I’m out of ideas so if anyone has anything’s else to add, I’m all ears. Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts