Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving to work cruising at about 55 mph and 1500 RPM when I lost all acceleration. I pumped the gas and nothing. The car then had a low oil pressure light come on and died. I pulled over to the side of the road checked my oil level and it was fine. I then tried to restart the car and it would crank but not start. No pops, bangs or any loud noises occurred. No oil leaking anywhere. Please help me start this diagnosing process. ANY advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You need to plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see what trouble codes have been logged. Problem could be the oil pressure sensor or the oil pump. If the PCM sees zero oil pressure it may shut down the engine to protect it from damage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see what trouble codes have been logged. Problem could be the oil pressure sensor or the oil pump. If the PCM sees zero oil pressure it may shut down the engine to protect it from damage.
That is the first thing that I did. No codes showed up on the scanner. However when I turn the key to the on position a CEL is on the cluster.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
"No codes on the scanner" depends on the scanner. Most standard scanners only display powertrain codes and don't display all the sensors & codes. A scanner that displays all codes plus Mode-6 & freeze frame information is probably what you need. I use the BlueDriver scanner. It interfaces with your smartphone via Bluetooth. The BlueDriver app is free from the Apple & Android app stores. The BlueDriver device is $99.95

https://www.bluedriver.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts