Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Long post but please read and help.

Last week I installed lowering springs on my 2018 Charger SXT Plus. I did the install myself. Got about 2” drop in front & rear. Fast forward to this week, I took it to Goodyear for an alignment. They said the camber is out of spec and they can’t get it any better and I would need a camber kit to correct it.

Been doing research online and have found camber kits from Eibach. Looks like it’s just an upper control arm with adjustable ball joint. Something like $900. Also found that Dodge sells the camber bolts for around $150. Obviously trying to go with the least expensive option so I’m leaning more towards the Dodge camber bolts.

Where would the Dodge camber bolts go? On my Charger, the front struts are held in place by one bolt at the bottom, and by the strut mount bolts at the top under the hood. I’m going to assume that the camber bolt would go on the bottom.

Saw some videos online of people installing the camber bolts and adjusting the camber. But none of them are for a Charger. They all show the camber bolts going on the bottom of the strut where it attaches to the knuckle, and it’s two bolts. Saw another video of a guy installing camber bolts on the top where the upper control arm attaches to the frame.

I went to my local dodge dealership and was talking to one of the service techs and he didn’t even know about the camber kit from Dodge. I gave them the part number 68142226AB and they looked it up but were still surprised about it and said they had not used them before. So couldn’t get much help from them.

I also got this weird creaking/clicking noise coming from the front end after installing the lowering springs. It only makes the noise when turning the steering wheel at very low speeds. Like coming out of my driveway, or pulling into a parking spot. Wondering is this creaking/clicking sound could be due to the torque used on the bolts when putting everything back together. I used an electric impact gun and not a torque wrench.

Hoping some of you here can help with this and provide some good feedback/advice/information I can use to fix issue. I did search here on the forum for similar posts and found a couple but they are older posts and seemed to not have gotten much attention.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I recently lowered my Scat Pack and used SPC front upper control arms and SPC rear camber bushings. It was around $350 for the front pieces and $80 for the rear. Prices vary a bit out there so this is kind of a ball park. The front is pretty straight forward and a good alignment shop should have no problem getting it in spec. The front not only has adjustment for camber but also for caster. The rear is a bit of a bear if you don’t have the correct bushing tools. I rented two kits from my local parts store and luckily it worked out. I believe SPC sells a tool specifically for these bushings and it might be worth it. The rear bushings have an offset center so depending on how they are “clocked” or rotated before insertion will determine your camber. The hardest part was getting them in and out with the less than perfect tools I had. With these parts you can put the camber wherever you want.

Make sure you put a torque wrench on suspension components!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts