Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger RT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 22” rims on my 18 charger RT on 265 35 22 and was wondering if it was possible to lower it without rubbing. Will just Springs do it or will I need coil overs to Tune the ride height? How much can I lower? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you in Advance
Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Sky Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 R/T Max
371 Posts
If I wanted the 'scraping the ground' look I'd buy a rice burner.
Wouldn't defile my Charger trying to look like that crowd.
The ride quality will be gone, and speed bumps will be an adventure.

·
100k Mile Club
2012 Rallye Blacktop
11,817 Posts
Coilovers are great because they give you the adjustability, but of course those come at a price. I have lowering springs on mine and it's lowered 2", the only rubbing when it's just me in the car is when I hit significant bumps/dips in the road the rear may rub a little. Only rubbing I've ever had on the fronts is when the wheels were turned sharp and I hit a large bump, so it is rare for the fronts. So I keep that in mind when driving to avoid potential rubs. If you have a shop locally that rolls fenders it will likely get rid off all that for you.That being said, say goodbye to passengers in the back seat, which I have no problem with.....lol. You will rub a lot with a loaded down car. But I have no problem "defiling my Charger trying to look like that crowd".

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts