Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously considering lowering springs for a couple reasons

1. The look. Personally I think the Chargers should sit a little lower. To me it looks more aggressive and more aesthetically pleasing.

2. The performance. As a sports car I'd like my Charger to feel a bit tighter especially turning.

I know I can achieve both of these with lowering springs but. . . I've heard that lowering the car can mess up the camber causing uneven tire wear. I've heard that you should let them settle in and then get an alignment but I know that tire wear can still be a problem.
I'm not trying to spend thousands on a cloilover kit. Does anyone know how to successfully install lowering springs without any issues?

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Lowering springs or coilovers greatly improve the stance of these cars! Both are a fairly straight forward install. We recommend driving the car for a few days afterwards, then getting a alignment. The coilovers would be easier to install, since you don't have to take the front springs apart, and it will be a easier install for the rear. Plus you will get more adjustability. I've attached links to a couple different options.

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

KSport Kontrol Coilover Kit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lowering springs or coilovers greatly improve the stance of these cars! Both are a fairly straight forward install. We recommend driving the car for a few days afterwards, then getting a alignment. The coilovers would be easier to install, since you don't have to take the front springs apart, and it will be a easier install for the rear. Plus you will get more adjustability. I've attached links to a couple different options.

Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs

KSport Kontrol Coilover Kit
So with the eibach lowering springs installed after a couple days get and alignment and that would solve uneven tire wear issue I've seen?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Does the KSport kit come in an AWD version??? Have H&R's on now w/stock struts and the only options for the struts us AWD owners have are nothing in comparison to whats available to RWD's...but don't want to be spending thousands right now....

·
Registered
789 Posts
Does the KSport kit come in an AWD version???
^^^ I was wondering the same thing. Very few options out there for our AWD 5.7s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts