Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have installed my lowering springs....Eibach 1.3 front and 1.5 rear pro kit. its looks pretty awesome. Now its been a week since I had them installed but now I hear sound. At first I though it was my speaker box....They nothing sounds or look loose.....Then he said that could be your suspension.....I never told him that It was lowered and he seem to not known....So when he said that I was like oh snap....but if anyone else has seen or had any problems are lowering they car let me know....I trying to get something I can refer to, to see if I can pin point the problem...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
When is it that you hear this sound, and what does it sound like (ie: metal on metal, rubbing, clicks..etc..?) Did you ensure you torqued all bolts to spec? Did you ensure the springs are sitting correctly in their perch and hats were put on correctly?

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When is it that you hear this sound, and what does it sound like (ie: metal on metal, rubbing, clicks..etc..?) Did you ensure you torqued all bolts to spec? Did you ensure the springs are sitting correctly in their perch and hats were put on correctly?
It’s exactly what you said. The rear strut was loose. Had to sit the car in the ground then tighten the bolts up. N torque em to specs. Good call thank you.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It’s exactly what you said. The rear strut was loose. Had to sit the car in the ground then tighten the bolts up. N torque em to specs. Good call thank you.
No worries brother, glad it was a simple fix...usually that's the case, at least with me it ends up being a loose bolt lol :eek:

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now that I have installed my lowering springs....Eibach 1.3 front and 1.5 rear pro kit. its looks pretty awesome. Now its been a week since I had them installed but now I hear sound. At first I though it was my speaker box....They nothing sounds or look loose.....Then he said that could be your suspension.....I never told him that It was lowered and he seem to not known....So when he said that I was like oh snap....but if anyone else has seen or had any problems are lowering they car let me know....I trying to get something I can refer to, to see if I can pin point the problem...
Looks great!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Love the stance bro, and can't get over that blue! Loving it...might go with similar color when I go to wrap the whole car!

Reactions: Him2gud10

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has any one installed just springs/coil if so how is the ride quality and especially with bumps and pot holes? Cant decide if i should buy with shocks too or just coils since im not slamming it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Has any one installed just springs/coil if so how is the ride quality and especially with bumps and pot holes? Cant decide if i should buy with shocks too or just coils since im not slamming it
I installed mine w/out changing the struts. Ride quality is good, though since the aftermarket sport lowering springs are installed w/the stock struts, the springs are what absorbs the impacts first split secs before the struts do (reaction time w/compression/absorption,) so therefore you feel more of the road/imperfections. On bumpy roads you do feel it "bounce" sorta like a bounce from a pogo (slightly, and speaking about the fronts). In essence, would recommend swapping at the very least the front struts along w/doing the springs, which will produce a better ride quality...but still firm/stiff as performance sport springs generally produce! I didn't do mine as the added $, I just couldn't do at the time, but am going to do the front struts here real soon!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I did was install struts. They long as you don’t go lower than two inches you good. I only went 1.3 f 1.5 r.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts