Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is not a redundant question:

What Mopar cars will have a doner LSD Differential 306 or 309 that is a swap in to a 2014 charger PD pursuit w 215mm axel shafts?

I was hoping to find one at a salvage yard but the ones I have found they have no idea what axles belong to them.

But if I know what years to search for ..whether it be challenger charger Chrysler 300 etc. to look for ??

I’ve read all kinds of forum threads here and on the Challenger forum site but they leave me confused ...

as they start to talk about SRT & scat pack units with these big axles that will only fit newer cars ... very frustrating

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tony in Florida

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit, 392 LSD diff, AFE, No cats 2.5 exhaust Dynomax bullet muffers
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess an oem part # would work for salvage searches????
Would a Mopar dealer have that info?

·
6,000 Posts
As far as I know, if you want a oem LSD differential, you'll need a Getrag found in 2009+ srt8 cars, Mopar '11's (possibly others). I believe all of them have larger axles which would also require hubs in your case. If you look on the Speedlogix web site, you can get a better idea of what's required to make the swap.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply & info
So Getrag is the type or mfg of the differential?

And I understand they have different size axles so I really need a complete rear end assembly?

But I’m a little confused on what is a hub ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply & info
So Getrag is the type or mfg of the differential?

And I understand they have different size axles so I really need a complete rear end assembly?

But I’m a little confused on what is a hub ?

Is the Getrag what was used on OEM factory LSD cars?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After doing some investigating and finding out that a lot of the challenges half 373 Geared LSD... Anyone know if that pumpkin an axle assembly would fit in our chargers ??

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I just located 392 LSD from a salvage yard w 30k mileage...
Mounting bolts are included.....

do I still need to order the Longer bolts?
Or just the pink bolts and the coupler ...?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just noticed two things that caught my attention,
Differential number Is 05038237ae
All mopar parts shows is 05038237ah ?

I also I noticed 1 axel appears to be a larger diameter.

Anybody knowledgeable with all this.

upload_2019-5-7_20-21-38.jpeg

upload_2019-5-7_20-25-8.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts