Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all,

New to the forum and I have a 2018 Charger R/T. I guess it’s safe to assume that I have a 2.62 open diff and I been looking into switching it for a 3.09. I looked up a few threads and people are saying that to purchase one I’ll be looking at anywhere from 1,200 - 1,400. I think I found one from Summitracing for under $700. Does anyone know if this is the right one? Here’s the link:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-68269917ag/year/2016/make/dodge/model/charger

There’re comments from folks who bought this and said that it works and got rid of their one wheel burnout.

Also, this may sound like a dumb question, but is 3.09:1 the same as 3.09? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an 18 Charger R/T that I swapped the open 2.62 for a 3.09 LSD and it’s how the car should have been built . it’s a worthwhile mod . The Summit link you posted is a screaming deal.. if it’s accurate..
3.09 is the same as 3.09:1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Naw not yet man...Christmas is coming up and I got a lot gifts to get. Did u order it from that link I posted?
No. Out of stock at Summit. Got mine from rock auto. They had 2 left when I ordered it. They are the AD variant instead of the AG. Same thing just made a year earlier from what I've been reading. I've been watching these regularly all over the net since I bought my RT in July of last year. Back then they were well over $1000 bucks. Figured I better jump on one while I can.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey y’all,

New to the forum and I have a 2018 Charger R/T. I guess it’s safe to assume that I have a 2.62 open diff

Hi, Richard! I don't know if this will help, but you need not assume anything about your build. If you input your VIN into this link from fcacommunity, it will show you your entire build list for your car. But you're almost certainly right about the 2.62.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

·
Registered
27 Posts
FedEx tracking shows that it was damaged in shipment and being sent back to Rockauto. I'm bummed as they are now out of stock. Ruined my day. Curious how long it will take to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven’t yet ordered the 3.09 gears and today I randomly decided to do a burn out and I noticed that I left two wheel marks. Now I’m confused....I still have the the open diff cuz I checked my Charger’s build sheet. Can anyone explain this to me how this was even possible??? I have a 2018 Dodge Charger RT with the blacktop package. From the little research I did, the blacktop package is all looks. When I performed the burnout today I had it on sports mode and the traction control off. Gents, buying a 3.09 ($700-$800) would of hurt my pockets.

Hey y’all,

New to the forum and I have a 2018 Charger R/T. I guess it’s safe to assume that I have a 2.62 open diff and I been looking into switching it for a 3.09. I looked up a few threads and people are saying that to purchase one I’ll be looking at anywhere from 1,200 - 1,400. I think I found one from Summitracing for under $700. Does anyone know if this is the right one? Here’s the link:

2016 DODGE CHARGER Mopar Replacement Differential Assemblies 68269917AG

There’re comments from folks who bought this and said that it works and got rid of their one wheel burnout.

Also, this may sound like a dumb question, but is 3.09:1 the same as 3.09? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow morning I’m going to crawl under the car and check the part number. I bought my car used but it only had 450 miles and the dealership repossessed the car in another state lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven’t yet ordered the 3.09 gears and today I randomly decided to do a burn out and I noticed that I left two wheel marks. Now I’m confused....I still have the the open diff cuz I checked my Charger’s build sheet. Can anyone explain this to me how this was even possible??? I have a 2018 Dodge Charger RT with the blacktop package. From the little research I did, the blacktop package is all looks. When I performed the burnout today I had it on sports mode and the traction control off. Gents, buying a 3.09 ($700-$800) would of hurt my pockets.
Not uncommon, Even with TCS off the car can/will still emulate a LSD via ABS system. This has made many think they had a LSD when in fact they do not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You won't be able to see it, it's on the top side in between itself and the car... What 9311 is saying is correct... It's TCS/abs system, if the bottom doesn't have cooling fins it's an open diff...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts