LT headers & cams w/ bad dyno numbers

Discussion in 'Charger Performance Mods - Engine - 6.4L HEMI' started by Spaceghostsrt, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Spaceghostsrt

Spaceghostsrt New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger Daytona
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    Hey members, so I have a 2017 charger daytona 392 edition in white. Call him space ghost. For the past 2 months I have done some work to it to get it ready for a whipple or a pro charger.
    Installed are:
    LT Stainless works headers 2" primary
    VVT SC comp cams sold by moder muscle extreme
    Unlocked pcm & intune 2 by diablo.

Last night shop took it to the dynojet to dyno and get a tune. In NYC where I live the weather was horrific, humidity was high, temp was high 70's, car was very hot (intake temp read 145-160 degrees). We tried about 10 powerful fans and nothing helped. Temp wasn't on our side. Over all, the dyno numbers were horrific! I know a stock 392 can do 420-430 stock. My dyno numbers were 447 WHP X 424 torque. The shop told me their dyno always reads very low at 5-9% loss. So they said intact my car is well above 500 whp. So I left the shop and went home, ripped it on the highway and holy Jesus the car feels like night and day. The shop that's building my car also stated since the cams are for super charged cars that I am not putting the full potential of the cam to use. But all in all The torque plants me on my seat, I never witnessed the car pick up so fast and aggressive since I've owned it. Tells me it is way way faster... Any opinions from the experienced members??

Attached Files:

B4TD4D likes this.
  2. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Wow you're building a beast! Sometimes dynos can be heartbreakers, but it's all in what you feel as a driver!

3. GMAC

GMAC Senior Member Member Relations MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    Mopar11
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I went with a similar Comp supercharger cam on my build. My installer called it a "baby cam". With the cam alone, before the ProCharger, I only picked up about 20 hp. It wasn't really worth the investment until after the supercharger was added.

4. Spaceghostsrt

Spaceghostsrt New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger Daytona
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Daytona
    That's exactly what the tuner said. He said the cam will bet at beast level after the super charger goes in. It's just the waiting game now.

GMAC likes this.
  5. BlacktopRT

BlacktopRT Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Unless the cam is specced for a blower, I call bullshit! Go to the track and see how high you trap in the 1/4 mile. Stock tuned 6.4s will see 117-118+mph. Cammed should show 121+mph IMO