Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my lug nuts are all beat up because of someone using an impact wrench on the cheap Dodge lug nuts. I'm installing my chubby sway bar and I had a terrible time getting the front lugs off.

Local tire dealer or auto parts houses can't find the ones for an SRT. Dealerships can get them for about $6.50 each and that's my tire guy getting them at wholesale.

Anyone know where to get lug nuts for an SRT?

I know they are 14 mm x 1.5 pitch. They have a large contact area on the cone so they won't dig into the aluminum wheels.....and I've been told that they even have a different cone angle than most lug nuts???

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
my lug nuts are all beat up because of someone using an impact wrench on the cheap Dodge lug nuts. I'm installing my chubby sway bar and I had a terrible time getting the front lugs off.

Local tire dealer or auto parts houses can't find the ones for an SRT. Dealerships can get them for about $6.50 each and that's my tire guy getting them at wholesale.

Anyone know where to get lug nuts for an SRT?

I know they are 14 mm x 1.5 pitch. They have a large contact area on the cone so they won't dig into the aluminum wheels.....and I've been told that they even have a different cone angle than most lug nuts???
no the angle is no different than normal. most aftermarket lugs will cover the entire cone seat. gorilla brand options will be your best bet. any one piece nut will be what you want.

do not use mcguard brand locks as most bottom out on the stud before they touch the wheel giving a false torque and sometimes braking the top off the locking lug.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
........Anyone know where to get lug nuts for an SRT?
The gorilla lugs also have a small acorn design, so they may dig into the wheels.
Pic shows stock on left side, gorilla on right side.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help everyone. I found a place about 25 miles away that had to Gorrilla lugs in stock so I headed that way after work.

True the cone is a little smaller.....and they say a 13/16" socket will fit....but I find that a 21 mm fits much better. I'm not too worried about digging into the wheels as these stock wheels have been abused a little. Some road rash around the outside and a few marks where sockets have poped off the lugs from someone using an impact wrench. They look pretty good though so I'll probably run them for quiet awhile as I have other things I'd like more than new wheels.

That is unless my redneck retirement fund hits. Got my new powerball tickets today!! But then I'll probably hold out for the new 6.4 SRT's!!!

~~~whew~~~ back to the real world!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts