Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was due for some stickers, needed the hp boost. Everyone knows it’s 5hp per decal/sticker... jk anyway...

Recently ordered some stuff from luxe. Service was great, shipping was fast. I had ordered (I’m gonna link the products, not sure if allowed)

First the tail lamp decal. Looked nice in the photos. Wasn’t sure if I’d like it but wanted to try it. If you look at the photos on the website there a few different options. I went with the hash stripes option shown as “dodge//“, I received “mopar//“. Strike one but, I could live with that. Followed the install video to a T, but didn’t hey the top to bottom alignment just right, never addressed in the video either. Had a gap in the bottom center where the light came through and couldn’t live with it. Peeled and trashed.
The hash stripes I like but again I’m to blame (partially) for my complaints. When I was looking at the reviews of the product I failed to notice that nearly all the photos in the reviews, and all the photos used to advertise are on scat pack front bumpers. They are sold for 15 up chargers though so kinda figured they’d fit a bit better. They will stick and work on the R/T bumper but are not tall enough to achieve the look I had in my mind. If you center them there’s a gap too and bottom, or a bigger gap on the top OR the bottom if you decide to go another way. Maybe I should’ve centered but I DID NOT want the gap at the top. Wife said it looked good, and it does for what it is but I wish it had at least had the height to cover just below the curve at the bottom. I haven’t peeled it off yet. Gonna see if my expectations subside and it grows on me.
On to the good news, the tail light tint did not disappoint at all. I just got the small kit at medium tint with gloss finish. I was worried about going full dark but may think I should’ve. Lights are still very visible. Install was a breeze. Only the most pickiest of people (and I’m pretty picky) will notice the edge. It does get more obvious in certain lighting. I wasn’t gonna deal with the in stall of the entire center tint. No need to tint unlit black other than to not have that edge visible any way.

TLDR: Solid company with quick shipping. Pay close attention to the product photos before you buy. And be a better decal installer than I am.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I tried the Racetrack Taillamp Decal... looked like crap and peeled it off just as fast as I put it on. I do like the Tail Light Tint. Completely changed the look of the rear end of the car. Thinking about going with the full wrap that also covers the Racetrack.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the Racetrack Taillamp Decal... looked like crap and peeled it off just as fast as I put it on. I do like the Tail Light Tint. Completely changed the look of the rear end of the car. Thinking about going with the full wrap that also covers the Racetrack.
Seems I’m almost the only one but I like the racetrack lamp. Didn’t want to cover it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have dealt with Luxe on several occasions, top quality products and great customer service. Highly recommended!
Yeah, but if you’re as skilled as I am at applying the decals you’re better off just going to a local place that can make and apply. Unless you’re in most of flyover USA and the only option is online stuff. Great service for sure. Fast shipping. Actually dealing with them? Haven’t ever done that. Giving a clue to a know nothing like me... nope. I could’ve gotten this cheaper locally including install if I’d have done my research.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t forget it depends on the darkness of the tint. You can hardly see through the medium in the daylight unless the lamps are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts