Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I just recently purchased a 2006 2.7l. It has high mileage around 180,000 but it dosent leak oil and the transmission shifts smooth as butter! But I was wondering if you guys can give me some insite into some maintenance that I should do to the car. I obviously know change the oil and that but I was wondering if there are any other parts that should be changed with regular maintenance. I’m back in school so I don’t have a ton of money and I need the car to last as long as it can. So any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think if that were my car, I'd start by changing the transmission, power steering, differential, and brake fluid with good quality synthetics (Pentosin DOT 4 for the brakes), and the coolant with the correct HOAT coolant.

Probably the single most important maintenance issue with the 2.7 is to use a high quality synthetic oil, change it regularly and check it with every fuel up for any coolant contamination. Whatever you do, don't overheat that beast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts