Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just joined the group. I am looking for the maximium correct wheel and tire size that would fit under my 2008 srt8 super bee. I have forged the engine as well as D series pro charger. I am putting out about 610 at the wheel. I cannot hook up using 285/50/20. What would you recommend to be able to fit under the fender wells????

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Alabama. I have heard recently that 305 will fit in the back. But I realy don't think that would help with that kind of wrhp.

·
Getting back in the game!
24,621 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Texas! Mecha is running 315's on Viper 20X10's with no rubbing issues! You can see his thread here! Glad you joined us. :TU:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I have just joined the group. I am looking for the maximium correct wheel and tire size that would fit under my 2008 srt8 super bee. I have forged the engine as well as D series pro charger. I am putting out about 610 at the wheel. I cannot hook up using 285/50/20. What would you recommend to be able to fit under the fender wells????
that tire is kinda tall... you need a stickier tire more than you need wide. there are plenty of guys putting down more power than you with outlaw 10.5 tires. you need either one of two things. 17inch wheels and slicks in the back or 305/35/20 nitto drag radials. the drag radials you will still spin but it will be better than what you have.

·
Registered
102 Posts
karh4ck3r is putting out 680 hp at the rear wheels and uses Nitto drag radials. Better than regular street tires but he still has a hard time hooking up. I'll find out what size he is using and let you know.

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ from South Florida, its great to have you here :4-wavey:

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland.

·
Registered
719 Posts
welcome to the Z from Jax, FL! Great to have you here.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to the forumz from Canada. Lots of great info and friendly people here. Looks like jontoad has answered you question. Trust him, he knows his stuff.

·
H-D 883 IRON
5,599 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ from Kansas. Best Charger forum anywhere:TU:
If you have any questions just click on my name above, leave a message and I'll try to help :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts