Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ladies and gents,

my wonderful amazing boyfriend bought me a couple of things for my birthday, coilovers, brand new headlights and a Wonder Woman LED for the door to project, now everything else is on except for the coilovers ill post pics once everything is Done... But I was wondering if anyone knows how to switch from Shocks and Struts to Coilovers... now I'm sure you can tell i have no idea WHAT I'm talking about.. lol;) HELP!!! thank in advance.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ok ladies and gents,

my wonderful amazing boyfriend bought me a couple of things for my birthday, coilovers, brand new headlights and a Wonder Woman LED for the door to project, now everything else is on except for the coilovers ill post pics once everything is Done... But I was wondering if anyone knows how to switch from Shocks and Struts to Coilovers... now I'm sure you can tell i have no idea WHAT I'm talking about.. lol;) HELP!!! thank in advance.
Hello and welcome from Colo! Wonderful man indeed buying you all kinds of goodies for your ride! Basically, Coilovers are the spring and strut together, so all you need to do is pull out your stock struts/springs and replace with the Coilovers. If they are adjustable, you can be able to adjust perimeters on the fly (ie: raising/lowering, firm or softer ride, etc...)

There are plenty of writeups out there and def youtube vids on how to go about replacing with Coilovers on your specific car...so I would def start there and get familiarized with the process and what tools you'll need.

Not too familar with Maxpeedingrods, but most go with BC Racing Coilovers as I've used their stuff on race purposed vehicles in the past and are one of the most legit Coilovers on the market hands down!

·
Registered
107 Posts
You will for sure need jack pads if you do not already have these. Highly recommend that you have a torque wrench. The tears are fairly easy, the fronts a little more complicated. Good luck and post up some pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts