Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in our hotel on Disney world and we are about to leave our room to get dinner and my daughter says, daddy your car is down there. So I look and see a sublime in the parking lot. So immediatly I start writing a note explaining who o am and to pm me if he is on the z.

I get close up to it and I notice some odd differences between mine and this one. It had the 06 style rims, the side molding was fadeing realy bad, the rear facia just behind the rear wheel looked to be the 06 style, and the wiper plade assembly was tottaly different then mine.

So I start to think maybe it was an ea4per release and they still used some 06 parts. Well then I check the badge through The window and it was 842/1500. Well that's after mine. Then I start checking the rest of it and it all looked ok. Just something seemed off. Could this have been a clone. Like maybe the guy had it painted the sublime color and then copied rest of the features???

What do you guys think?

Maybe its just me. Just seemed odd.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
I never seen side moulding fading on these cars...I know its off topic.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Looks yellow to me :D, i dont know exactly what the deal is, all i can think of is either clone OR its been mistreated(reason for fading,) and maybe his wheels are out to paint haha i dont know, seems fishy.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
After a 5 minute conversation with him, you will know what the deal is.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I would guess probably real (due to the number plaque) and there's just a logical reason for the wheels(non road and track too!) and other things you pointed out. It takes a lot of voodoo to make a sublime.

On the other hand, a lot of the Daytona stuff could have come from a totalled car- but that would mean that the person cared for this car which I'm unable to judge from the picture. .....I'm sticking with "real."

Say "Hey" to Mickey.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
If it has the dash plaque i would say its probably real.. He might have changed his rims out....:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
If it has the dash plaque i would say its probably real.. He might have changed his rims out....:4-dontknow:
Yea dash plaque makes it seem real. Did you ever find out? Any PM's from this guy? Hopefully he registers and we can figure out the real deal haha

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I think it's just the wheels that make it look weird...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I am thinking that its real due to the numering being correct but he must have changed the rims for some odd reason and as for the molding ??? But the sun is a killer down here, was it a fl tag? If he leaves it out in the sun then that really could have faded the molding..

·
Registered
26 Posts
08 HO side moldings

The 08 Hemi Orange Daytona's didn't come with side moldings.
The fading may have been the reason, warranty issues or costs, food for thought.
May have replaced the rims because the tires would be cheaper to replace? Or may have not liked them & traded them.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I still have my side molding on the nanner and they have not faded at all..:4-dontknow: She was built in January of 06, granted she is garage kept..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aren't those the stock Daytona rims? I'm not up on my D specs all I know is when I see a D I drool all over the place and I want those style rims for my Charger/D clone!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Aren't those the stock Daytona rims? I'm not up on my D specs all I know is when I see a D I drool all over the place and I want those style rims for my Charger/D clone!!
Those are the 06 Daytona rims; Sublime's are 07 and should have the 20 chrome clads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts