Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is interested please pm me, Sublime0855, and include the # of people attending. I will then pass that info on as the are on another forum. This is going to be a great time. Peace\/

per Bipto:

Ok, folks - you saw our idea exchange thread on this topic - now it looks like it's time to take this to the next level...

I contacted the Mt Washington Auto Road people expressing our interest in such an event and I just got a reply. Here are the major points of our communication...

First, they handle many group functions like the one that we are proposing here and offer "After Hours" packages specifically geared to groups like ours...

Quote:​

"After Hours (aka Sunset) Drive Yourself" Tours
The perfect outing for your automobile club. With the Auto Road closed to the general public, your club can enjoy this unique driving experience. Evening tours leave from the Mount Washington Stage Office at the Auto Road Lodge about 3/4 of an hour prior to sunset. All vehicles receive an audio tour on cd and the world famous “This Car Climbed Mount Washington” bumper sticker. Your tour is led directly to the summit by an Auto Road stage.​

And they will do a pre-tour Barbeque for us at the base lodge...

BBQ Package
Start your drive or tour with a delicious BBQ while enjoying the beauty of the White Mountain National Forest. This is a great way for the group to socialize before your tour. Menu options include pasta, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and vegetarian choices.​

The cost..? Surprisingly, the cost for a private event descibed above is pretty reasonable compared to what we would pay to tour the auto road and eat there during business hours.

Pricing
- "Trails BBQ" is $14.50 per person + tax & gratuity (17.83)
- "Drive Yourself" evening tour is $23.00 for adults, $11.50 for children ages 5-12 + 10% service charge per person​

And where this is an evening event, it fits in well with our tentative plans of doing a scenic cruise to this event. Here is a sample schedule of what such an event might look like - this is flexible...

Schedule
5:00 P.M. - Arrive at the Auto Road -Tour our Red Barn Museum
5:30 P.M. - BBQ Dinner
6:45 P.M. - Depart for summit
7:15 P.M. - Arrive on summit
7:15 – 8:10 P.M. - Tour of the Mount Washington Observatory ($5.00pp) Optional
8:23 P.M. - Sun Set
8:30 P.M. - Depart for Base
9:00 P.M. - Back to Base​

And we're not the first "owner's club" to think of this... For a great example of a Mt Washington Auto Road event, check out "Minis On Top" - the official web page for the annual gathering of Cooper Minis at the summit!

"So Bipto - this is really cool 'n' all, but what do we do now..?"

Simple... EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST HERE!

The dates for summer '08 are booking fast, but as of today one of the potential dates that we have been tossing around (7/19), is still open!

The minimum head count (bodies, not cars) for a private sunset tour is 30. There is a deposit required to lock in that date, but nhdave and I have been in contact with a small group of private investors (
) who are willing to front that money if it looks like there is sufficient interest to make this happen. If all goes well we'll lock in and then we can talk about how / when to settle up some time between now and the day of the event...

So how do we all feel about this? Personally I think it's a great deal for a great LX eperience - the hitch is that it requires some consideration and commitment up front - like soon!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those interested: We are at 30 cars, 60+ people with the Mount Washington trip. Spoke with nhdave and Bipto about hotel accomodations and that will be finalized this week. Anyone interested shoot me a pm. Peace\/

Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds pretty cool i'll keep checking back for more info.
Hey Steel,

We are close to finalizing hotel accomodations for both nights. Friday nights accomodations will be in Lincoln NH. This will be for anyone who wants to come up and hang out before heading out saturday morning for the cruise up the Kancamangus Highway. Saturday nights accomodations will be in Gorham NH as that is very close to Mt Washington Auto road and it will be a little late when we get back down. Stay tuned for details.

Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds pretty cool i'll keep checking back for more info.

We have nailed down the accomodations for both nights and will post it up within the next 48 hours as I have to finalize the specifics with the respective hotels. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Peace\/

Gary

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I'd love to go, but I am going to Carlisle the previous week-end (11-13) and can't be gone for 2 week-ends in a row, work commitments.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok people, details are set.Anyone interested in the Meet & Greet at 6000', the info is here at this link. This next link is the site to pay for the autoroad, tour and BBQ via PayPal. This is going to be huge. Any questions, feel free to pm me.

Gary

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone tell me a little more about this. IE. For those traveling from the South, are you coming up Route 93. Are there any meeting points along the way. I live off of Route 16 about 45 minutes due south of North Conway. I am on duty that Weekend, but am considering taking some time off. Any more details would be great.

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Can anyone tell me a little more about this. IE. For those traveling from the South, are you coming up Route 93. Are there any meeting points along the way. I live off of Route 16 about 45 minutes due south of North Conway. I am on duty that Weekend, but am considering taking some time off. Any more details would be great.
This thread is from last year.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
We went last year. It was a lot of fun. There are a good group of people up there. Unfortunately, we can't go this year, but I would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Banned
151 Posts
Anyone have more info on this years Meet & Greet at 6000"!
Gotta make it this year bro! BTW, I ran out as you were leaving the wedding cause I wanted a few pics but you were pulling away when I made it out the door. Hope you make it this time around.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts