Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm meeting the caravan group in Tilton, NH around 7:15 and then following them blindly. haha. This is my first real M&G!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm meeting the caravan group in Tilton, NH around 7:15 and then following them blindly. haha. This is my first real M&G!
How far is Tilton from Lincoln? We'll be rolling out of Lincoln around 10:30.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
If anyone is interested please pm me, Sublime0855, and include the # of people attending. I will then pass that info on as the are on another forum. This is going to be a great time. Peace\/

per Bipto:

Ok, folks - you saw our idea exchange thread on this topic - now it looks like it's time to take this to the next level...

I contacted the Mt Washington Auto Road people expressing our interest in such an event and I just got a reply. Here are the major points of our communication...

First, they handle many group functions like the one that we are proposing here and offer "After Hours" packages specifically geared to groups like ours...

Quote:​

"After Hours (aka Sunset) Drive Yourself" Tours
The perfect outing for your automobile club. With the Auto Road closed to the general public, your club can enjoy this unique driving experience. Evening tours leave from the Mount Washington Stage Office at the Auto Road Lodge about 3/4 of an hour prior to sunset. All vehicles receive an audio tour on cd and the world famous “This Car Climbed Mount Washington” bumper sticker. Your tour is led directly to the summit by an Auto Road stage.​

And they will do a pre-tour Barbeque for us at the base lodge...

BBQ Package
Start your drive or tour with a delicious BBQ while enjoying the beauty of the White Mountain National Forest. This is a great way for the group to socialize before your tour. Menu options include pasta, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and vegetarian choices.​

The cost..? Surprisingly, the cost for a private event descibed above is pretty reasonable compared to what we would pay to tour the auto road and eat there during business hours.

Pricing
- "Trails BBQ" is $14.50 per person + tax & gratuity (17.83)
- "Drive Yourself" evening tour is $23.00 for adults, $11.50 for children ages 5-12 + 10% service charge per person​

And where this is an evening event, it fits in well with our tentative plans of doing a scenic cruise to this event. Here is a sample schedule of what such an event might look like - this is flexible...

Schedule
5:00 P.M. - Arrive at the Auto Road -Tour our Red Barn Museum
5:30 P.M. - BBQ Dinner
6:45 P.M. - Depart for summit
7:15 P.M. - Arrive on summit
7:15 – 8:10 P.M. - Tour of the Mount Washington Observatory ($5.00pp) Optional
8:23 P.M. - Sun Set
8:30 P.M. - Depart for Base
9:00 P.M. - Back to Base​

And we're not the first "owner's club" to think of this... For a great example of a Mt Washington Auto Road event, check out "Minis On Top" - the official web page for the annual gathering of Cooper Minis at the summit!

"So Bipto - this is really cool 'n' all, but what do we do now..?"

Simple... EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST HERE!

The dates for summer '08 are booking fast, but as of today one of the potential dates that we have been tossing around (7/19), is still open!

The minimum head count (bodies, not cars) for a private sunset tour is 30. There is a deposit required to lock in that date, but nhdave and I have been in contact with a small group of private investors (
) who are willing to front that money if it looks like there is sufficient interest to make this happen. If all goes well we'll lock in and then we can talk about how / when to settle up some time between now and the day of the event...

So how do we all feel about this? Personally I think it's a great deal for a great LX eperience - the hitch is that it requires some consideration and commitment up front - like soon!
I'll come in my new Bimmer - if that works. It would be the perfect car to take up there with it's huge break disk rotors. Then again, it may not fit in. Have fun. Next time you see a black 750 Li flashing headlines, its me (so you know who it is!). I saw Tom the other day in his Sublime, but he looked at me as if he was thinking - duh! He didn't recognize me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
She's all cleaned and ready to go! I barely beat the rain. Hopefully it ends tonight. I'm heading up tomorrow morning bright and early.

A white charger headed south somewhere in Maine yesterday flashed their headlights at me. First time I've ever been recognized by another Charger. I need to get out of Vermont more often.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
YYYEESSS!!! I am SO in for this year!
It was great meeting you. next year maybe you can stay and hang out.

Gotta make it this year bro! BTW, I ran out as you were leaving the wedding cause I wanted a few pics but you were pulling away when I made it out the door. Hope you make it this time around.
J, it was real nice seeing you and the family again. Did you buy that hide-a-key yet? lol. Glad we were able to take care of business. For all who missed out or were on the fence about going to this event. You missed a good one. There will be a 3rd annual M&G @ 6'000 ft next year so stay tuned. Here is a link to our photo thread on another forum. Enjoy the pics. There are a couple posts in there that have links to photobucket etc so don't miss those.

G

Pics

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sadly, next year I will be half way around the world, stuck in Afghanistan. This was definitely a memorable event and I wish I could've stayed the night. You guys were a lot of fun to hang out with, and I was only there before the alcohol haha.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sadly, next year I will be half way around the world, stuck in Afghanistan. This was definitely a memorable event and I wish I could've stayed the night. You guys were a lot of fun to hang out with, and I was only there before the alcohol haha.
Just come back safe and sound and in one piece and there will be more. Thanks for serving aand protecting our country.

Gary N

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice pics. Why not also post them here directly?
Hi Danni, how are you? I did not start that pic post over there and I think posting that many pics directly in a thread isn't right. Takes up lots of bandwidth and if someone replies to the thread, here come the pics again, unless they delete them. That's why a link works nice, although the link I posted was in a thread. I have some pics and video and will post up a link to wherever I put them. Hope you people enjoy them.

Gary N

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Hi Danni, how are you? I did not start that pic post over there and I think posting that many pics directly in a thread isn't right. Takes up lots of bandwidth and if someone replies to the thread, here come the pics again, unless they delete them. That's why a link works nice, although the link I posted was in a thread. I have some pics and video and will post up a link to wherever I put them. Hope you people enjoy them.

Gary N
I am sure we will. Looking forward.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts