Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Damn bro!!! Sounds real good! Hell, mine didn't even sound that good before compared to yours even the before! They definitely changed over the years!! No need to get a cat back for you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just did my mid-muffler delete this morning. (i also have the AFE cat-delete pipes) When it was first started up to back it out of the bay I was not expecting it to be as loud and was immediately concerned about interior noise/drone. I'm happy to report there is no drone at all and it sounds throaty and mean with a little extra popping on decel, but not in a bad way. I'm totally surprised how aggressive it sounds outside, while only noticing a minimal different of the exhaust note on the inside when simply driving around town at regular speeds. Only when you really lean into the gas or nail it can you hear it come alive, all the while, no drone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did your car require a tune after the mid muffler delete?
I'm looking to do a mid muffler delete as well and have spoken with several high performance mechanics. They told me the computer will automatically make the adjustment since the O2 sensors are located before the mid mufflers and would still continue to measure the oxygen content in the exhaust stream and use the information to adjust the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude I love the MMD! I was dreading having to spend a ton on an exhaust system. Then reading and watching several vids, I decided to go for it the minimal cost alone was enticing.
Best mod ever it really wakes it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude I love the MMD! I was dreading having to spend a ton on an exhaust system. Then reading and watching several vids, I decided to go for it the minimal cost alone was enticing.
Best mod ever it really wakes it up.
I did the mid muffler delete about 9 months ago and I absolutely love it. I also removed the 4" OEM chrome plated exhaust tips and installed 5" Carven matte black exhaust tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did it and within a day I changed it back.While just cruising around town or on extended highway driving,it sounds terrible,reminded me of an old Ford tractor.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I did it and within a day I changed it back.While just cruising around town or on extended highway driving,it sounds terrible,reminded me of an old Ford tractor.
Well, you either feel it or you don't. I have to say, from what others have told me and from personal experience, it makes a big difference if you have the 8-speed auto as opposed to the 5-speed. The 8-speed settles into a much quieter cadence at highway speeds. And, a tractor? Really? That's what you hear? Well, you either love it or you don't! Even with my 17 R/T it sounds glorious to me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts