Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally went out and got the mid muffler delete for my 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. I was impressed and absolutely love it! It sounds great!!

I tried to post the before and after video here but the files are too large so I'll post the link soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've uploaded the videos to YouTube here:

Before:

After:

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have always dumped the mids on all of mine. its the first thing i do. sounds good. didn't help much with ET's but on the 06 i have now it went from 14.90's to 14.20's with just the mids being gone. should be the first thing anyone dose to there lx .... jmo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have always dumped the mids on all of mine. its the first thing i do. sounds good. didn't help much with ET's but on the 06 i have now it went from 14.90's to 14.20's with just the mids being gone. should be the first thing anyone dose to there lx .... jmo
I haven't had a chance to check my 1/4 mile time but, prior to the mid muffler delete, I was running 12.55 @ 117 mph. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see what time I get in the next week or two. I should see more high end torque.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Sounds amazing

Reactions: FearTheBee2

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haven't had a chance to check my 1/4 mile time but, prior to the mid muffler delete, I was running 12.55 @ 117 mph. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see what time I get in the next week or two. I should see more high end torque.
i don't know why my 06 picked up that much but i have made a lot of passes before ... and after with it being the only thing i did. air getting better as the night went on it always worth a tenth or 2 but time slips don't lie.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Damn it sounds really pissed off. Nice!

Reactions: FearTheBee2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I have a 2018 Charger RT and I am thinking of doing the mid muffler delete. Did you keep the resonators? How is the sound inside the car? I want nice exhaust note but still want to hear the radio as its my daily driver.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello

I have a 2018 Charger RT and I am thinking of doing the mid muffler delete. Did you keep the resonators? How is the sound inside the car? I want nice exhaust note but still want to hear the radio as its my daily driver.

Thanks
I only deleted the mid mufflers and nothing else. It sounds great and I have no drone. I can hear my radio just fine. The rumble is more pronounced but with the windows up, it's just fine. When you floor it, you can definitely hear the difference. You'll love it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m looking hard at this but two questions...
Does it have any effect on the factory warranty?
And if anyone in CA can jump in, does it make getting it smogged a hassle?

Edit to add, after the before and after, Jesus mang, sounds awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m looking hard at this but two questions...
Does it have any effect on the factory warranty?
And if anyone in CA can jump in, does it make getting it smogged a hassle?

Edit to add, after the before and after, Jesus mang, sounds awesome.
I asked my dealer and they said no, since it's aft of the catalytic converter. Now with that being said, check with your dealer because I've heard of a few people getting told something else. Here in Texas, it doesn't affect your vehicle passing inspection law but I don't know about CA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
should have done a drive by. kinda hard to tell how loud it is, but definitely sounds louder.
I wanted to maintain the same criteria used on the before and after videos. The vehicle was parked in the same location, both the driver and passenger windows were down, and the video/audio was recorded from the same location (window dash mount) within the vehicle. If you listen to it on a good stereo system, you can definitely tell the difference as opposed to listening to it from your phone.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello

I have a 2018 Charger RT and I am thinking of doing the mid muffler delete. Did you keep the resonators? How is the sound inside the car? I want nice exhaust note but still want to hear the radio as its my daily driver. Thanks
I did the MMD to my R/T Daytona 5.7L and it's ridiculously loud at heavy throttle, maybe too much so if you aren't trying to get attention from cops. Otherwise, at up to half throttle it sounds beautiful going thru the gears and no drone cruising. Don't get me wrong; it does sound good at full throttle, it's just really loud! Oh, and cold starts are ridiculous too. It sounds fabulous, but it's deafening. Thankfully, my neighbors are far enough away to where they haven't complained.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did the MMD to my R/T Daytona 5.7L and it's ridiculously loud at heavy throttle, maybe too much so if you aren't trying to get attention from cops. Otherwise, at up to half throttle it sounds beautiful going thru the gears and no drone cruising. Don't get me wrong; it does sound good at full throttle, it's just really loud! Oh, and cold starts are ridiculous too. It sounds fabulous, but it's deafening. Thankfully, my neighbors are far enough away to where they haven't complained.
Fortunately, when I run it in Street or Economy mode, it's not as loud. If I use Track or Sports mode, it's louder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts