Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into adding a 80mm throttle body to my ‘15 charger 3.6l. I was told it would make no difference. I’ve began saving my money up to supercharge it. Wanted some opinions. Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In order to install a true 80mm (like from a HEMI) you need an adapter plate and a wiring harness adapter pigtail. There's a couple of places that sell a kit with the adapters and throttle body. The problem is the opening on the plenum itself is still only 74mm, and you need to adapt down on the air intake side of the throttle body to attach your tubing, so it still has to choke down. You can go the ported throttle body and intake route and that does make a difference. There a couple of options for this as well and if you plan on adding forced induction this would definitely help. I did a simple home port and polish on my own upper and lower intake and blend job on the throttle body and noticed a bit of a difference.

Reactions: weslee

·
Registered
47 Posts
In order to install a true 80mm (like from a HEMI) you need an adapter plate and a wiring harness adapter pigtail. There's a couple of places that sell a kit with the adapters and throttle body. The problem is the opening on the plenum itself is still only 74mm, and you need to adapt down on the air intake side of the throttle body to attach your tubing, so it still has to choke down. You can go the ported throttle body and intake route and that does make a difference. There a couple of options for this as well and if you plan on adding forced induction this would definitely help. I did a simple home port and polish on my own upper and lower intake and blend job on the throttle body and noticed a bit of a difference.
My buddy is looking to install 80mm throttle body on his Charger as well right after we finished installing the skid plates and jeep accessories on his current Wrangler project. Good to hear there are complete kits with adapter available. Thank you for the tips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts