Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as i posted before I installed cutouts on my car. Problem is my check engine light keeps coming on and I have no idea how to get rid of it. All my o2 sensors are good I keep getting a code 2096 for an apparent exhaust. What gives? Anyone else with cutouts can chime in? I thought because I have a superbee it wouldnt be as big of an issue as it is with the regular srt8....:box2:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
When the cutouts are closed, does the code pop up or is it after you've had them open?

·
Registered
182 Posts
So as i posted before I installed cutouts on my car. Problem is my check engine light keeps coming on and I have no idea how to get rid of it. All my o2 sensors are good I keep getting a code 2096 for an apparent exhaust. What gives? Anyone else with cutouts can chime in? I thought because I have a superbee it wouldnt be as big of an issue as it is with the regular srt8....:box2:
Any chance you can post a picture of your set up / cut outs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does both, it throws the code when they are closed and also when they are open. Probably around 3 or so start cycles. I've found it takes longer to throw the code with my Cutouts open...seems to come on faster with them closed. I'll get some pictures up here shortly.

It's driving me nuts, I feel like I'm the only one with this problem. The install was literally perfect, the only thing I can think of is maybe I have faulty Cutouts and need to send them back. I took it to the dealer and they explained to me that my Cutouts might be leaking, they ran tests on all the sensors and they were all good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a quick update, I'm still having CEL issues. It throws the P0133 code for a o2 sensor circuit slow response followed by a 2096 post cat trim too lean. I already replaced the system 1 bank 1 o2 sensor and that didn't fix it.

Next step is resealing the Cutouts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ur junk is leaking lol. none of those codes come on for me and i have long tubes and a cat less slp lm1 exhaust on my 2012 charger srt8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts