Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if anyone with the new models was having moisture in headlight issues. I'm finally getting a new assembly for my driver side after sending these pictures to the service manager. I had these taken after washing my car Saturday. Usually it would only fog up if I had the headlights on and it was 40 degrees or below. The moisture evaporates after 24 hours but it's just the driver side and I don't think this is normal. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
OK, I downloaded the pics and see it now. It goes away after 24 hours?

I haven't noticed it on my charger, but it does happen on my Durango. Do you use a power washer when you wash your car? That's often the culprit.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Running it through the car wash shouldn't do that. I'd say something isn't sealed properly. Maybe check all the connections to the lights? Or bring the car into the dealership. If it's not a seal for one of the bulbs, it could be a defective seal on the lens itself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I downloaded the pics and see it now. It goes away after 24 hours?

I haven't noticed it on my charger, but it does happen on my Durango. Do you use a power washer when you wash your car? That's often the culprit.
Usually 24 hrs. This time it took almost two days and that's washing it with a garden hose at my house. Not a big fan of the high pressure washes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A lot of vehicles with LED lights have that condensation issue, I know the Rams and Sierras have had it for a fact. Some guys got their headlights replaced under warranty, others have been able to fix it themselves by opening up vents that are on the back of the headlight housings. I don't have a Charger (yet) so IDK if there are vents on them or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of vehicles with LED lights have that condensation issue, I know the Rams and Sierras have had it for a fact. Some guys got their headlights replaced under warranty, others have been able to fix it themselves by opening up vents that are on the back of the headlight housings. I don't have a Charger (yet) so IDK if there are vents on them or not.
Thanks for the info. I'm getting it done under warranty. If it was both I might be more inclined to let it slide longer but it's just the one and I'm not sure of the long term issues of it doing that or getting worse.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's the right thing to do. Over time, the moisture could condensate which could leave a watermark inside the housing that would be impossible to clean off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn I have the same issues and just noiticed it other day. I had my leds done in headlight though so I thought it was the reseal issue. Have you done any work done to your headlight?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
^^Yours are probably from the reseal. Any any warranty claim on your lights would now be denied, since you've tampered with them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Factory Replaced

Just had the driver side replaced at the dealership yesterday. They did a really good job as far as taking care of the fascia and aligning the light. Overall very happy with their service. Should be able to tell by this weekend if the new light is good. I'll have to run the lights in cold weather or wash it to find out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts