Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a chance and ordered one of the look-a-like Mopar front strut braces from ebay. When I had my Scat Pack Challenger I scored a great used Mopar one for $180.00, and except for the lack of the mopar plaque and 2 allen-head bolts, I don't see any difference between this and a new mopar one except the price! I paid $186.74 for this one, compared to like $312.00 for a mopar one. Install was the same, silver color the same, weight and quality seems to be the same. I would not be surprised if this isn't the same bar as the branded one, but without the M and mark-up. Tomorrow I'll see how it feels on the road. Here's a pic (I added the Charger decal)
S6302668.JPG

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took a 65 mile round-trip ride this morning on a back road with a few good curves. No issues, seems to do exactly what it was intended for.:)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Interesting. Link to ebay listing? It does look exactly like the Mopar one.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been thinking about this bar too. Did the bolt holes line up, and did the hardware come with it?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to bolt it to the firewall (some don't) you will have to drill the 2 holes for the included bolts. If not, you bolt it to the ends using the existing strut mounting nuts. Except for drilling the 2 center holes (if you decide to) the install takes maybe 10 minutes tops. Drilling the 2 holes and bolting the middle maybe 10 more minutes. So an easy mod that takes 30 minutes tops, and to me makes a noticeable difference that doesn't cost a lot.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found out over on the Challenger side of the Z that Napa sells black-phosphate coated nuts that not only look better than the factory strut nuts, but appear to be stronger too. The part number is 665-3238. Of course there are 5 to a bag, and 6 are needed! But they're less than $5.00 a bag. I'll be swapping mine out tomorrow.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts