Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put mopar stag 1 springs in with stock suspension. It was suppose to be a 1in drop but it's a little bit more than that. The stance looks great but the ride is horrible and underbelly cover scraps on u even roads and rt rear tire rubs. I'm running 245 45 20 in front and 275 40 20 in rear staggered. Has anyone else had this issue? If so I need your input I'm about to pull them out if I can solve this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,570 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I just put mopar stag 1 springs in with stock suspension. It was suppose to be a 1in drop but it's a little bit more than that. The stance looks great but the ride is horrible and underbelly cover scraps on u even roads and rt rear tire rubs. I'm running 245 45 20 in front and 275 40 20 in rear staggered. Has anyone else had this issue? If so I need your input I'm about to pull them out if I can solve this.
Welcome to the Z from Colo!! Unfortunately, the harsher ride is due to installing aftermarket lowering springs in conjunction with stock struts. The cause is the initial impact from the road is being absorbed first by the springs then a split sec later by the strut, when it should be the reversal. That's when Coilovers become the best option and unfortunately for us AWD owners, that's the route we are stuck with....unless you want to throw some cheap ass struts on there (which would be pointless as they would still be less inferior to the stockers) and we really only have 2 choices there, or the Coilover route!

I put the H&R's on mine, and dropped a tad over 2" and I run 235/55's all around, and get tire rub primarily in the fronts...so yeah, if your not diggin the ride quality, you might want to invest in some good coilovers or bags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts