Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what mods i could consider to get some more power out of my car. I know its listed that i have a SE but i have a 3.5L high output engine... Thank you for your replies

·
Registered
822 Posts
$289 - The best instant result for a medium amount of cash is the predator tuner from diablospot. You will love it and love your car even more. The gas mileage increase alone is worth it. Had mine less than 2 months and with money saved on gas it has almost paid for itself. (Totally changes your car)

For $50 to $200 you can add a CAI (cold air intake). Best opinions here are either ebay or Big Bully. Anything else and you are paying for a name. Good first mod and you should feel a small difference when you hit the gas

For $100 to $xxx.xx you can add dual exhaust. You're best bet is to get one from a R/T. Check out your local Craig's list or better choice in the for sale section here. This way you don't have to worry about getting jacked and for Z family should look out for you as far as price and advice go.

Those should be your first 3 and in whatever order you choose. Anything more powerful should come AFTER you have those thee IMHO.

·
Registered
897 Posts
$289 - The best instant result for a medium amount of cash is the predator tuner from diablospot. You will love it and love your car even more. The gas mileage increase alone is worth it. Had mine less than 2 months and with money saved on gas it has almost paid for itself. (Totally changes your car)

For $50 to $200 you can add a CAI (cold air intake). Best opinions here are either ebay or Big Bully. Anything else and you are paying for a name. Good first mod and you should feel a small difference when you hit the gas

For $100 to $xxx.xx you can add dual exhaust. You're best bet is to get one from a R/T. Check out your local Craig's list or better choice in the for sale section here. This way you don't have to worry about getting jacked and for Z family should look out for you as far as price and advice go.

Those should be your first 3 and in whatever order you choose. Anything more powerful should come AFTER you have those thee IMHO.
i gotta agree. after that get some headers :)

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

Very good post brother!:TU:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes as posted above, start with the Predator, Cold air intake, and dual exhaust. After that, you can look into a throttle body and some headers, and THEN if you want more, look into Cams/Heads from inertia motorsports. That will give you some real power. THEN if you still want even MORE power, look at a supercharger or stroker lol :)

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
What everybody else said.

·
#speedlogix
6,401 Posts
Agreed with the above! But also suggest (if you do not already have one) a catch can.

Predator/CAI and Catch Can would be my first mods. Catch can is not a power gainer, but it is a good preventative mod to make sure no oil gets into the intake manifold.

Exhaust to help it breath some more is a great idea as well.

We sell the Predator for $289, but also suggest getting the PC Kit to help make sure you have the most up to date tunes and calibration.

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/u7136.htm

Here are some Exhaust examples:
http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/mpe-16936.htm
http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/mpe-16623.htm

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help!
Mikey

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Get 3.5L Cams from Inertia Motorsports (Vendor Below)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have no car smarts at all, but I got a gforce chip for my 2010 SXT, anyone have any information on these? Should be here within the week. Should I install it or send it back? Thanks for your help fellas!

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Never heard of a gforce chip. Where did you buy it from?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I have no car smarts at all, but I got a gforce chip for my 2010 SXT, anyone have any information on these? Should be here within the week. Should I install it or send it back? Thanks for your help fellas!
Only controller you should be getting is the predator. I dont recommend using chips. With the predator you will have a whole new different car. I would send that chip back for a refund as soon as you get it. Just my advise. Ask anyone on here and you will get the same response.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought it off of gforcechips.com. They said they have 100% no questions asked return policy so I figured what they heck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Once it gets here I will try it and let everyone know I guess. A buddy looked up a Tundra forum and they said they try to fool the ECU into thinking it's getting cold air, and you get some performance, but the ECU eventually realizes it's not and it goes away. I looked up a diablo tuner but they don't have one for the 2010 V6 yet. Looking at a flowmaster Force 2 cat back exhaust and a K & N cold air intake system. ANy thoughts on the magnaflow or another cold air intake system?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Once it gets here I will try it and let everyone know I guess. A buddy looked up a Tundra forum and they said they try to fool the ECU into thinking it's getting cold air, and you get some performance, but the ECU eventually realizes it's not and it goes away. I looked up a diablo tuner but they don't have one for the 2010 V6 yet. Looking at a flowmaster Force 2 cat back exhaust and a K & N cold air intake system. ANy thoughts on the magnaflow or another cold air intake system?
Ok now Im confused. They should have a predator for all LXs (besides the 2.7), all years, etc... Talk to Speed Logix (Vendor Below). This is a no brainer. Predator is the way to go. You will not regret it. As a matter of fact, Mikey from Speed Logix already posted in your thread. Contact them to get straight.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
I would do predator, then Cai, then exhaust, then stge two would be Cam and Headers, and if you really want more power supercharge(stage 3)
SpeedLogix will be all over helping you bro, also, there are tons of brands out there, many are out to fool you. Its better to buy from our vendors with proven results:TU:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts