Dodge Charger Forum banner

What CAI do you have now!!!!???

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread will be for people thinking about buying a CAI and need help deciding or just information for everyone! I have chosen the top 10 intakes I have seen talked about in this forum and a couple will be left out that show no HP gain or that many people just complain about. I would have included them but I can only fit 10 for the poll. CAI's left out will be at the bottom of this post if you want to vote for them say something and I will keep a tally at the bottom for those!!!!!!!!

** PLEASE VOTE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE MAKE THIS WORTH WHILE ** :TU::TU:

Make this simple after you vote with a reply:

-What CAI Do I have?
-Cost?
-Rate how you love your CAI from a 10 (10 Being you love it and would never get anything else):
-Rate the loudness of your CAI from a 10 (Around a 5 being ya I notice a difference, 10 being OH YA its loud and others notice it in or outside of my car):

Other Votes Will Be Here
Techco - 1
BWoody CAI - 1
K&N Typhoon - 1
JLT Carbon Fiber - 1
Volant- 1

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I have the AEM Bruteforce. Its pretty loud but you can't really hear it over my obnoxious exhaust. :gy:Would I buy it again yes, its a good bit less in price then some of its comparable competitors.

Reactions: ManyHorses

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I currently own the Aria and I love it. It looks amazing, sounds great and performs very well. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't get any other CAI besides the Aria. I used to have the K&N 63 series but I sold it to get the Aria. The K&N was ok but it wasnt anything great. It was better than stock but nothing compared to the Aria in every aspect.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have the techco im happy with its performance and appearance. yes i would buy it again if i had to. cant remember how much i paid but i got it at bmc performance for like 400 something. when at w.o.t love the sound it makes.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I have the AFE Stage II CAI....

It's price varies but I would say that It's generally around $250...

Also I rate it a 10 as in I would buy another.. I really like it..

Loudness.... well I guess I'd give it a 5?... I'm not really sure... I hear it suck in air when I start up... but that's about it...

The install was a ***** but still easy.. worst part was just the temp sensor.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Keep them coming! I updated the techco vote :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have Aria BB color matched and I love it . It is a mean looking thing:D. I don't notice much difference in sound because mine already growled pretty loud. I have noticed my temps run lower even in town stop and go and a little better on gas. I give it a 10. Cost was $329 before options. Install was easy and most important I know if I have any problems Lance will see it that things get taken care of.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
I've got the AFE Stage 2. I can't remember how much I paid for it because it was part of a big order. I like it quite a bit. The air sensor location is a PITA. It did sound nice until I redid the exhaust, now I can't hear it over the exhaust. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go with the ARIA, but can't justify the extra expense at this point.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I had the AFE & LOVED the way it stepped things up a notch w/ my Flowmasters ... then, after the ARIA she stepped up yet another notch :TU: she growls even deeper & meaner now ... I give it a "10" on sound & performance though my exhaust IS louder ;)
Got mine on one of the group buys ... well worth it :TU:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I have the AFE Stage 2. I like it a lot.
I give it a 8 for louness and performance.

Reactions: ChargerOn22s

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i have the K&N Typhoon.......under $300........rate it a 10 cause K&N is all i know and am gonna keep buying it...........sound rate is low but my exhaust is beastly so that may be why,or not,yet i DO hear a whistling noise..........install is very easy,i can tell a difference in how it runs, and that polished tube looks great!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Oh.... I almost forgot...

:rep: Great thread

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I have the Big Bully I bought during the GB but I don't remember the price since it's Vita's Garage who bought it for me. I love the look of it but for the rest :4-dontknow: I still don't have my ride so.... ask 36 CHAMBERS, he drove it, not me :shakehead:

·
Dodge Charger Forum Soul Collector
7,478 Posts
I got my Airaid CAI for 285.00 from HHP, for performance wise I rate it a 10 and for sound wise I also rate that a 10....it sounds nasty when you get on it.

Way better then the K&N intake I used to have....I will never buy K&N again.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the K&N Typhoon.......under $300........rate it a 10 cause K&N is all i know and am gonna keep buying it...........sound rate is low but my exhaust is beastly so that may be why,or not,yet i DO hear a whistling noise..........install is very easy,i can tell a difference in how it runs, and that polished tube looks great!
I added your K&N

Thanks guys keep them coming!!!!

·
Staffing since 2008
20,669 Posts
I bought the Airaid in Feb of 2008, and I have loved every second of i. There was a significant gain in noise, much more throaty, I think there was a gain in pull, but Im not a good judge of that. I wouldnt change mine out for anything unless it could guarantee a bigger gain in the HP range.

Cost: $279
1-10 Rating: 9
Loudness: 9

·
Registered
562 Posts
-What CAI Do I have? JLT Carbon Fiber
-Cost? $299
-Rate how you love your CAI from a 10? 10
-Rate the loudness of your CAI from a 10? 9

Reactions: ChargerOn22s

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
-What CAI Do I have? JLT Carbon Fiber
-Cost? $299
-Rate how you love your CAI from a 10? 10
-Rate the loudness of your CAI from a 10? 9
Thanks bro! Got you added

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the Airaid. I bought it as a package with the predator for $550. Would not trade it for anything else. As far as loudness...put it as first mod on car and is a 10 for loudness. Its not loud when you idle but when you get on it..it roars. You wont notice sound if you have exhaust...hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts