Dodge Charger Forum banner

What CAI do you have now!!!!???

• Total voters
181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aria cai

Hi, I am awaiting delivery of the MOPAR CAI I ordered a few days ago.
But after reading this thread, I'm considering sending it back and ordering the ARIA. The problem is, a Google search doesn't bring anything up. Am I missing something here? I went to ariaintake.com and that appears to be a dead site. Does anyone have a link?

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Hi, I am awaiting delivery of the MOPAR CAI I ordered a few days ago.
But after reading this thread, I'm considering sending it back and ordering the ARIA. The problem is, a Google search doesn't bring anything up. Am I missing something here? I went to ariaintake.com and that appears to be a dead site. Does anyone have a link?
That's because the Aria is defunct. He was an employee for LMI before starting his own business and the Aria is identical with the LMI Airhammer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why don't LMI intakes have heat shields? Are they just a gimmick? Seems like they'd be smart engineering, but maybe I'm missing something.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why don't LMI intakes have heat shields? Are they just a gimmick? Seems like they'd be smart engineering, but maybe I'm missing something.
Independent real world tests show the Airhammer as one of the best intakes made. Back to back dyno runs between numerous CAIs on the same vehicle in about as equal of circumstances as can be arranged. The actual test thread is out there if you search for it, rules forbid links to other forums.

Now this is personal opinion but I believe heat shields benefits are negligible at best. On first thought it would make sense to try to isolate the intake from the heat radiating from the engine. However I think that it only plays a factor when you're idling. As soon as the vehicle is moving the bay is flooded by fresh air through the front grill and it's the same temperature as what's directed to the filter by the shielded systems.

Does a heat shield make a measurable difference, probably. Is it too minute to make a difference, probably. Thus some companies chose to go with a lighter, cleaner design.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's because the Aria is defunct. He was an employee for LMI before starting his own business and the Aria is identical with the LMI Airhammer.
thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got a Corsa Intake(rebadged Volant so I voted for that).
Price was just under $300.
Overall- 10. I'd absolutely recommend the product to others, it looks great and seems to work well.
Sound: 9. Had it on for a week prior to exhaust, and it was mean at WOT. It was fairly loud but without some others to test I can't say it's a 10 there.

When choosing this intake I was stuck between it and an LMI, I like my choice, although some of those LMI's look REALLY nice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought I read that 2014 Charger,s had CAI from factory.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I ordered the Corsa CAI and it doesn't fit. It was a pain to put together too. I believe I'm going to return it and buy a Mopar CAI.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ditched my LMI III for a Mopar CAI last year. LMI was robbing me of power, just pulled in hot air and didn't hold up all that well. Had to constantly re-torque the clamps and it was just flimsy compared to the Mopar setup. I think that Mopar's design is also more efficient in isolating the filter to bring in cool fresh air, just what I noticed between those two intakes

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Ditched my LMI III for a Mopar CAI last year. LMI was robbing me of power, just pulled in hot air and didn't hold up all that well. Had to constantly re-torque the clamps and it was just flimsy compared to the Mopar setup. I think that Mopar's design is also more efficient in isolating the filter to bring in cool fresh air, just what I noticed between those two intakes

Wow, I've never heard of that issue before. All from what I've seen is great things about the LMI's. Iwas thinking about getting the III or IV myself.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of that issue before. All from what I've seen is great things about the LMI's. Iwas thinking about getting the III or IV myself.
Look at post 184, I ran a shielded for the first 3 years and then switched to non and the shielded weren't any better. Get what pleases you aesthetically, my current one is an LMI Airhammer with zero issues and my long tube headers put off a crapload of heat, you can watch the heat waves rolling out from under the car when stopped at a light.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Independent real world tests show the Airhammer as one of the best intakes made. Back to back dyno runs between numerous CAIs on the same vehicle in about as equal of circumstances as can be arranged. The actual test thread is out there if you search for it, rules forbid links to other forums.

Now this is personal opinion but I believe heat shields benefits are negligible at best. On first thought it would make sense to try to isolate the intake from the heat radiating from the engine. However I think that it only plays a factor when you're idling. As soon as the vehicle is moving the bay is flooded by fresh air through the front grill and it's the same temperature as what's directed to the filter by the shielded systems.

Does a heat shield make a measurable difference, probably. Is it too minute to make a difference, probably. Thus some companies chose to go with a lighter, cleaner design.
Yeah your right Bob. I bet a lot of those heat shields just trap in hot air.

·
Registered
119 Posts
AEM Brut Force Intake
-$300 ish
- 9. I love it. Every vehicle I've had I have gotten the AEM. I tried Volant on my charger and wasn't happy with it. Was kind of a pain to put on but worth it
- I rate it a 6 i can hear it when I get on it or once the RPM's get up but I like that whistle sound. Would definitely buy again and would recommend to all charger owners.
Just my opinion though.

181 - 200 of 217 Posts