Dodge Charger Forum banner

What CAI do you have now!!!!???

• Total voters
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think air aid make the best cai, i have mopar in a past and i have see several other brands in person but hands down air aid is the best
picture don't do justice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Airaid

I'm probably going to buy the AIRAID. I see one for $250 on ebay without the tube and $350 with the tube. Is it worth the extra $100 for a tube?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Why isn't the LMI True in this poll?!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm probably going to buy the AIRAID. I see one for $250 on ebay without the tube and $350 with the tube. Is it worth the extra $100 for a tube?:4-dontknow:
The AIRAID is not worth the money. And yes, a true cai is worth it. Less heat soak/ LMI True is the best CAI money can buy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don,t know about any models except 2014 R/T Road and Track w/ STP, but why would you want a aftermarket CAI (except for noise) when the factory already has a better cold air intake than any I have seen. Put in a K&N or equivalent replacement. If your are worried about heat soak there are several options out there to help with that. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I apologize for not reading through all 23 pages of this thread, but can anyone comment on the K&N CAI (63 series) with respect to a 2014 Charger RT?

I was all set to purchase but several online reviewers say that this K&N CAI does not fit in a 2014 charger because the heat shield is too big. They say if you call K&N to ask about it, K&N tells you that you have to bend something to make it fit properly (even though all online sites claim this CAI is compatible with a '14 charger RT).

I'm not too interested in bending things under my hood.

I would also consider purchasing an AIRAID or a Mopar CAI.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I apologize for not reading through all 23 pages of this thread, but can anyone comment on the K&N CAI (63 series) with respect to a 2014 Charger RT?

I was all set to purchase but several online reviewers say that this K&N CAI does not fit in a 2014 charger because the heat shield is too big. They say if you call K&N to ask about it, K&N tells you that you have to bend something to make it fit properly (even though all online sites claim this CAI is compatible with a '14 charger RT).

I'm not too interested in bending things under my hood.

I would also consider purchasing an AIRAID or a Mopar CAI.

Any advice would be appreciated.
See my previous post.
If you have a 2014 Charger R/T then just put in a high flow filter ( K&N, AEM, etc) because it has COLD AIR INTAKE FROM THE FACTORY not in the engine bay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hear ya. Thanks. Prob will just upgrade filter at this time. Only had car a few days and don't know much about the stock intake system. I'll stop being dumb before I post again.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
I would say if you have $300-$400 to spend and want HP mode go catback all the way (Dynomax) over a CAI. You'll feel the torque and HP gain for sure from a catback. The CAI increases will be dependent on engine bay and Intake Tube temp. if your CAI tube is cool at the track you are good to go. if its hot you are SOL and should be running the stock intake. If you go CAI I would highly recommend getting a 180 degree thermostat to keep the engine bay cooler. heck I would recommend it period.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone confirm that Mopar 77070044AC fits the 2016 R/T? I see it listed in the Mopar catalog that it fits up to 2016 but on the site I only see 2015. Some other sites say it is only up to 2015 as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a follow up. I bought and installed it and it fit perfect. Seems like my fenders are getting hot as hell now for some reason, I will monitor that. Engine temps all look normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AEM Brute Force true cai
Dry flow filter instead of oiled
Easy install with no modifications needed mounts to stock locations, temp sensor is relocated inside the bumper but non issue plug and play. Sound is great. About $240 and would buy all over again 10/10
I've done my research on CAIs for Charger, and it looks like the only option that sucks COLD air from the outside. I use AEM drop-in filter in my Charger and brute force AEMs in my other cars. Trying to convince myself to switch to AEM brute force. Can you record a video with the sound, please?

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have a JLT cold air intake with a dry paper blue air filter. I bought it back in 2015 after reading a dyno comparison of (6) CAI’s on a 2013 5.7 Mopar in a car magazine. The JLT was tops in HP and torque gain compared to the Mopar CAI, AfE, Airaid and I don’t remember the others. It was also the lowest price at around $269 or so. I have not run my car often at the track but my personal best went from a [email protected] mph in Oct 2014 to [email protected] the following October at the same show and race with absolutely no other mods or changes. I backed it up with a [email protected] that same day. Of course the cool weather may have been a factor but it was a big difference in mph and ET! I love the sound and feel like it has added a little seat of the pants improvement in performance.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts