Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put a hemi in a v6 what all would I need to make it fully work cause I have a scat pack motor out of a 2018 an want to put it in my 13 charger is it possible

·
Registered
602 Posts
The single most important thing you'll need is access to cheap or free skilled labor. It's possible to do the swap, but if you have to pay a shop to do it, it'll cost too much to be practical.

And even then, it would cost more than the car would be worth. You'd still have the V-6 brakes and suspension, among other things.

You'd be much better off looking for a hemi Charger with a blown engine for your project. Do the swap, then sell your V-6 car. Or sell it and the 6.4...its worth some serious coin...and buy a hemi Charger.

If you think you can pull off the swap with the car you have, you'll want access to the donor car for parts. You'll also most likely need some custom programming when you're done.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
if you have to ask you don't want to do it then since it is NOT an easy thing and you will be without a car for months and all of the hundreds of little things that won't fit right and need special fitting and parts since no one is an expert at this except like was said someone who has done this regularly and knows what to do beforehand so it will cost you a lot more in time and money than just getting another car like was said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts