Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Pursuit AWD, 5.7L. Had 102k on it when I first got it in Dec 2019.
18" wheels, kept factory tire size. Put in a JLT oil seperator. No performance mods yet. Replaced the front brake rotors (BR9) in February this year. Had the the rears resurfaced. Added some doo-dads.So far it's been a great car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice 345 badge on the side. Mind if I ask which state you got it in? Just bought mine a few months ago in NC. 2016 5.7 Pursuit AWD. Plan on dropping a 392 in it.

EDIT: Also, what wheels are those?

EDIT2: NM we've had this conversation about NC before. Nice looking car. Still want to know about the wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice 345 badge on the side. Mind if I ask which state you got it in? Just bought mine a few months ago in NC. 2016 5.7 Pursuit AWD. Plan on dropping a 392 in it.

EDIT: Also, what wheels are those?

EDIT2: NM we've had this conversation about NC before. Nice looking car. Still want to know about the wheels.
Wheels are Drag DR69 (18 X7.5 5-100.00/115.00 40 BKMTXX ). About ~ 6.5 lbs lighter (each) than the factory police AWD steelies. I opted to keep factory specs on everything, since that's what it was designed/computer calibrated for.

Tires are Sumitomo HTR A/S p02 (225/60 - R18). Last winter they were about ~$86 per tire at NTSB. I chose them because, for the money, they have a hellava reputation for HP traction - esp. in wet - and also very good light snow traction (I see recently they came out with a p03 variant that doesn't quite seem to be at par with the previous iteration).

I didn't want to have to invest in a summer and winter set of tires for NC. Size is fine, no great need to go wider. The AWD doesn't let them squawk much or get squirrely on starts or curves. However, next summer I might go slightly wider with the factory optional 245/55 - R18 in a General G-MAX AS-05. Mostly for aesthetics.

Keep me up to date if you proceed with the 392 install. It's something I've wondered about myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts