Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i owe an explanation of why i have been missing the past few weeks...
i just can't catch a ****ing break in life..
i go through 2 years of nursing school ready to set myself up really nice and then i guess god said it was time for more adversity..

to start off, a couple of weeks ago i had a fire in my apartment...
the blame was electrical...but my bedroom was destroyed...
luckily my landlord caught it when my wife and i were at work so it didn't spread to the rest of the place...
i lost my computer, wedding album, clothes, camera, tv, and a ton more...
i was just thankful no one was hurt and that most of it all is replaceable...

a week later a good friend of mine loses his battle with leukemia as does another friend's mother (heart attack)....

then i guess with everything weighing on my mind at work, i was at a fire and slipped trhough a hole in the floor...i braced my fall mostly with my elbow and caused massive ligament damage as well as severing my ulnar nerve...as of now i have no feeling in my left hand and im typing with one hand on my iphone...i am scheduled for my second surgery next month...doctors dont know if ill ever regain strength and feeling in my left hand...could mean i never work in the firehouse again and who knows what will happen with my nursing career which i never even started...

im just so depressed i dont know where to begin...
i am sorry i have not been able to keep up with my mrm duties and i dont think i will be able to being that i cant type as much and access on my pjone isnt as smooth as a computer...

i try my hardest to be optimistic...hopefully i can get through this all...

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this Bud....But hey, Don't worry we got ya covered. Take care of yourself and do whats best for you! I hope and pray everything will be ok for you!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers Bro...Take care and do keep us updated!

·
Meet in the Mountains June 8-11, 2018
19,017 Posts
Vinnie, I am so sorry to hear all of this. Don't worry about your MRM duties. We totally understand. I wish there was something we could do to help. Just know that we're here for you.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Dang Bro, sorry to hear about all the adversity, keep your head up it will get better. He does have a plan for you but it is not without speedbumps for sure.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
We are here for Ya Vin. Take the time You need. Get better.:TU:

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
First of all Dude..
I am sooooo sorry to hear of everything that is happening..

Take care of yourself and your family..

And get well soon.. Because come DEC I need a drinking buddy and I don't want to hear any lame ass excuses..

Serious bro.. God bless you man..

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Vinnie, take care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.:)

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear this, Vinnie! Hang in there brother!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sorry to hear about everything. Take care of yourself and the family.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about all of this stuff happening to you. My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery from your injuries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts