My Charger Mods...

Discussion in 'Charger Performance Mods - Engine - SXT - 3.5L' started by Terry, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Terry

Terry New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2008
    Trim?:
    SXT
    I've read quite a few posts and am amazed at the indifferent position on the 3.5L engine. These are the mods I've made on a 2008 Charger rear drive 3.5L engine. 1. Computer tune 2. Cold air intake. 3. 81mm
    throttle body. 4. 2.5in dual exhaust with high flow cats (2) dyno before these mods 238hp after mods 283
    torque after mods 275. With a 3800lb car I was not going to burn up any drag strip but once it got moving
    it was very impressive. I sat with this arrangment for two years and thought it was the best without going
    crazy with a engine redesign.. Having the car in for a oil change my mechanic suggested a wild change, change the rear gears, I didn't have $2k to spend on that but he claimed the cost would be much less if I
    could find a rear end unit from a Charger SE. The SE runs a 3.99 to 1 gear set compaired to the SXT's 3.6 to 1. I found one on ebay from a 2008 40k miles for $95 and $20 shipping the biggest expense was having Dodge
    install it, the whole thing was plug and play as the computer didn't blink an eye. The low speed grunt was
    totally out of this world! for the first time I could bust those 50 series tires loose like an RT, in fact I've been able to catch a few RT's flat footed. The only disipointing thing is the V6 growl... You guys really want to pep up the SXT's grunt get a SE 3.99 rear gear set...

2. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    A gear swap is an awesome upgrade. Most here jump to the 3.91's but I've not heard of people going to 3.99's before. Congrats on the upgrade.