Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing some research, mostly on here, I decided to get some good car care products for a change. So I bought two kits from Adams. The basic exterior kit and the interior kit.

I first tried the vrt on one of the tires, and initially it looked pretty good. Seemed to fade out pretty fast though. I guess I'm more of a "wet look" tire kind of guy. However the SPF of it will should make it a great product for the top on my wife's jeep.

The interior stuff however I really liked. My interior is a mess from all the fab work I've been doing for the audio. Lots of dust mostly, and a couple weekends ago we took our big dog to the lake and he managed to slobber over most of the passenger door panel.

The cleaner did a really good job on all of it, and I like the leather conditioner too. Doors, seats, etc all look brand new now. Really happy.

I had a couple of panels that have been sitting in my garage for a few months while I was working on stuff and they were pretty nasty. Here are a couple before pics

Console side panel

Trunk rear panel

They after shots...

Very happy with that :)

Tomorrow I plan to give it a good wash and try the detail spray and buttery wax

·
Registered
600 Posts
Adams had changed their vrt formula a few years back. I preferred the older version. I now use chemical guys Vrp which is similar to the earlier formula.

Nice results with the interior cleaner.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Adam's is one of those companies that's constantly evolving and sometimes they change formulas on some of their most popular items; in my opinion not always to the benefit of the customer.

I agree statement regarding the VRT. I don't feel it's as long lasting as it was when I bought my first bottle of it in 2012. Their chemicals are awesome, for the most part, but do some comparisons on your most used chemicals and in some cases you'll find you can get the same results for much less money using Chemical Guys, Meguiars, etc.

I have a garage full of Adam's polishers and chemicals for paint correcting and I don't even use the Porter Cable anymore so if you need a PC for light paint correcting or a great way to apply polish or wax, hit me up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
@11blkrt How do you like Chemical guys?? I've read some good things about it.
Good stuff for the most part. They are comparable to Adams, but they do have a much larger inventory of product which could be good or bad. They also run a crap load of sales and coupon codes. I have used about 10 of their products to include towels and I have 0 complaints.

·
12,985 Posts
That worked very well. I haven't tried Adams.

Most of my stuff is from Chemical Guys and I like it.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
looks like it works. Very nice!

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
@11blkrt How do you like Chemical guys?? I've read some good things about it.
Instead of posting a lengthy review of CG's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, I'll just post a link to my review. Great stuff so far - used it on my the leather seats in my gf's Fusion. My thread

I plan on picking up some other CG stuff in the near future, but that's all that I have to report on now. Leather cleaner and conditioner worked really well. Not sure about their "sprayable leather" or whatever it's called, but the combo that I bought works just fine for me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used the buttery wax the other night. went on nice and no issues. I first washed the car and used the detail spray to help dry it, per their video. well that was a mess... spots all over the place. either used too much or it was the water. but I went back over it and it looked good.

naturally the day after I waxed it, it poored like crazy for about 4 hours before I went to work. when I left work, all the water had gone bye bye and I was left with only a couple of water spots on the rear bumper area. I was quite pleased with that.

After using so much detail spray I decided to order a gallon refil and some waterless wash as well. I'm going to big show this weekend and thought it would be nice to have. I ordered sunday night. As of this writing (1:40pm CST) it still hasn't shipped. That is just plain sucks and is unacceptable IMO. yes I asked them about it and the response was it is still being packaged. seriously?

oh well, so it looks like I won't be getting supplies for the show. just have to make do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts