Dodge Charger Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I don’t have anything in the holes yet but I’m going to get some 8mm plugs from the hardware store soon to plug them up after I get it cleaned up good. I won’t ever like it but the fact that it’s black will mask it. What REALLY bugs me is that my stripes on the trunk don’t go all the way up to the spoiler now >_< so I’ll need to have the trunk redone

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is coming along so nicely. I had no idea ZL1 Addons were making more stuff for our cars which is really nice to see. They look great! I wonder how large the front splitter from them would look on non-srt front bumpers. I'd love to have front and side splitters too, but ones that don't stick out very far and are a little more subtle like how your current EZ Lip is.

Reactions: B4TD4D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
This is coming along so nicely. I had no idea ZL1 Addons were making more stuff for our cars which is really nice to see. They look great! I wonder how large the front splitter from them would look on non-srt front bumpers. I'd love to have front and side splitters too, but ones that don't stick out very far and are a little more subtle like how your current EZ Lip is.
Thank you very much! Yeah ZL1 has made quite a bit now. I’m contemplating the front splitter and rear diffuser. I’m with you tho, I don’t want anything super aggressive looking

Reactions: atomicfins

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Today I took some time to get the spoiler mounted on right and get all the left over residue cleaned off.

In these pics you can see that I used 4 of the same OEM mounting points on the spoiler. I had no hardware so that’s all from the stock 3 piece spoiler. I used two screws on the outer edges, and in the center I pulled from the 3 piece spoiler two of the screws that snap onto the spoiler and attach with nuts from inside the trunk. They all lined up perfectly. Then I laid down 3m double sided automotive tape along the edges, mounted the spoiler and bolted it in. The only modification needed was a long aluminum post that was right in the middle idle of spoiler. I took it off with a dremel because there is no corresponding hole in the trunk for it.

Wheel Tire Auto part Automotive tire Rim
Trunk Auto part Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior

I used fishing line to separate the spoiler from the trunk but there was a bunch of tape and reside left behind. I sprayed it with 3m adhesive remover and that let me peel the top of the tape off. Then I used mineral spirits on a rag to take off the adhesive. That stuff cut through it like a hot knife in butter. My neighbor gave me that tip and it helped a lot. Unfortunately the stock spoiler did leave marks in the paint so you can still see where it was so I’ll need to buff it all out. And of course the holes are left, I couldn’t find plugs as Ace or Home Depot so I ordered some from Amazon.

Vehicle door Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Trunk Hood

And here is the final outcome. I really love the matte finish on it and I think it’ll match really nicely when I have the stripes reapplied on the trunk!

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design Vehicle Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Sedan

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I had made an appointment to have my stripes reapplied, it was killing me that the stripes did cut off at the same spot and plus I’d removed one stripe already. The shop was able to match their previous work perfectly and it came out looking great again.

Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Spoiler
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Rim

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I was still left with the holes in the rear quarter panels of the car and I’d looked at all my local hardware stores and couldn’t find anything that I liked as a serviceable plug. I wound up ordering these 8 mm plast plugs on Amazon for a few buck and they fit perfectly.

Of course they don’t look as good as a proper bindi and respray job, but since the plugs are black they blend in with my color and aren’t noticeable. Here’s some close ups and a few angles that you can see them at for those interested.

Pardon the water spots
Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door Car Automotive design
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design Hood
Sky Automotive exterior Architecture Auto part Automotive window part
Automotive exterior Vehicle door Spoiler Auto part Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Black

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Today I got a chance to install another piece that came in from ZL1 Addons, the whole reason I got the Scat Pack spoiler, for the wicker bill!

I was nervous to drill into the spoiler that I’d just installed, but after watching some YouTube installation videos I felt confident.

All taped up and ready to drill
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Transport

First hole drilled
Sky Automotive exterior Wood Metal Box

Rivnut installed
Material property Vehicle Metal

All holes drilled and rivnuts installed
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior

Test fitting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks good! Quick question-what size are those exhaust tips? I'm looking to put some on my '16.

Reactions: B4TD4D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Thanks! They are 4 inch rolled and angle cut tips

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I'm liking the wicker bill add-on. Amazing job!!! Looks good!!!
Thank you! I'm looking at those pics again, and sheesh I should have at least cleaned off all the drill shavings from the rear lol. I was too excited.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Do you have a link to the side skirts/splitters from ZL1? I have the rock guards, but I do not see the side skirts anywhere on their website for the charger.
https://zl1addons.com/collections/dodge-charger-splitters/products/charger-splitter-ext

Take a look there, they are hidden a bit. You have the option to add them to the order or purchase them alone when you click on the drop down menu to the right, you'll see that it's titled "With out side and rear skirts?"

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh jeeze, I had those on my to-do list until I saw that price. They do look really good though and I can understand the reasoning since they are actually functional. I think I'll try EZ-Lip instead for the front and sides for now.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
They aren't the cheapest around, but definitely cheaper than the Hellcat Side Splitters!

I was close to going with the EZ Lip too, I found this other similar universal lip, but it has more a strait/flat "splitter" look to it. I've even considered using it on my front. You guys may like it... https://fyralip.com/unisplitter

101 - 120 of 142 Posts