Dodge Charger Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what HP does your Performance Pages say you peak at with the Stage 1 PCM installed? I'd like to know how it compares to my RT Road and Track. I know on my window sticker it indicated "High Speed Engine Controller" ECM with the Road and Track package - I was wondering if the advertised gain is more from the regular RT models and that the Road & Track's gain is not as much due to the previous "upgraded" ECM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can add the "good gears" to your R/T for a big bang-for-the-buck improvement. I went from the 2.62 open diff to 3.70 LSD diff. Definitely the best mod so far.

How far is too far to mod an R/T, only you can answer that question. My personal opinion is go as far as you want to. I think the best 3 mods for our cars would be the gears then long tube headers and finally tuned.
where did you get the gears and whats the whole reason for the upgrade. Im looking to do anything I can to get the most power without stroking or forced induction.

·
Registered
85 Posts
where did you get the gears and whats the whole reason for the upgrade. Im looking to do anything I can to get the most power without stroking or forced induction.

I bought the rear diff from a Hellcat(3.70 gears and limited slip) because the 2.62 gears I had were pathetic and I only was able to spin one wheel. I bought the diff from a guy on ebay for a good price and installed them myself.

With my mods, this was a night and day difference. I'd recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Just out of curiosity, what HP does your Performance Pages say you peak at with the Stage 1 PCM installed? I'd like to know how it compares to my RT Road and Track. I know on my window sticker it indicated "High Speed Engine Controller" ECM with the Road and Track package - I was wondering if the advertised gain is more from the regular RT models and that the Road & Track's gain is not as much due to the previous "upgraded" ECM.
I actually haven't done a peak power pull, it got really hot here in AZ and the numbers aren't the same. Once it starts cooling down I'll do a video and post. As of the High Speed Engine controller, my Road and Track has that listed too. I thought it was because we had a high speed governor, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
A few updates over the last few weeks! I ordered a full interior LED upgrade from Diode Dynamics in cool white. It’s a pretty easy and common mod, but I’m really loving the light color and output from all the individual lights in the car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Automotive design
Steering wheel Vehicle Steering part Car Light
Luxury vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design
Light Night Automotive lighting Sky Lighting
Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
I also made a move on the suspension that felt a bit like a gamble. With the Super Track Pack suspension be a little lower than a standard RT, I wasn’t sure how much of a difference I’d see or if there’d be anything noticeable; but I picked up a full Scat Pack suspension (struts and springs) and crossed my fingers. The Road and Track model supposedly needs the struts replaced if you want to lower it, and I've seen people go either way on this, but I didn't want to have to re-visit the mod later. I’d been planning on going with the Mopar Stage 1 kit, but was undecided and struts, then I got a great deal on the full scat pack setup so I pulled the trigger and I was not disappointed! The stock Scat Pack stance is near perfect in my eyes (aka functional) with striking a good pose yet not being so low that a fully loaded car will pose clearance issues. I daily drive mine and have a 4 person fam, so as much as I’d love to slam it, it didn’t make sense to do.

This is right after installing
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Performance car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Before and after measurements

At the front, a tad over 7 inches measured from the bottom of the EZ Lip
Pipe Steel Metal

Down to about 6 1/4 after the suspension swap for an approximate 3/4 inch drop in the front.
Steel Parallel Metal

Rear wheel well prior to the drop at a hair under 31 inches
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Auto part

And after down to about 29 1/2 inches for an approximate 1.5 inch drop in the rear.
Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Once the stance was where I wanted it to be, I installed a set of Mopar Winder Deflectors that I'd been sitting on for a while. I don't know why, I just didn't think they'd look right on it without some kind of lowered look. The install was very easy. These are the genuine Mopar ones, which I sprang for in hopes of getting good quality. So far, it's worth it. I had a set of AVS in-channel on my last Charger and was sorely disappointed with fitment, function and materials. The in-channels needed trimming to fit, and after a while caused issues with the window, and eventually started to slide down. These mount outside of the window channel, and I also like that the full length of the rear window is covered.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Reinstalled the Willpack Aluminum Rear Window Louvers that I had only old Charger onto the Road & Track!

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car White Black

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love the new stance! I've been thinking about the suspension the exact same way, with the R&T sitting lower than standard, but I have always thought it sits too high over the rear wheels. The car looks so much better with the slightly lowered effect the scat pack springs provide. I thought I was done with my mods, I guess not!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Love the new stance! I've been thinking about the suspension the exact same way, with the R&T sitting lower than standard, but I have always thought it sits too high over the rear wheels. The car looks so much better with the slightly lowered effect the scat pack springs provide. I thought I was done with my mods, I guess not!
Thanks! I agree, I like that my front end clearance didn't change a whole lot, but the lowered rear makes it look sooo much better. I was surprised at how much of a difference there is between the Super Track Pak suspension height and the Scat Pack suspension height. If you can get a set of take-offs for cheap on craigslight or offerup, definitely do it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same mod with the scat pack springs and bilstein struts and love it. Did you install camber bushings in the rear? Did you use the SRT alignment specs of -0.75 +/-0.55 for the rear or the regular rear of -1.75+/-0.55? (Quoted from the factory 2015 shop manual). I know my rear is way out of whack now(and non-adjustable without the camber bushings)...-2.1 on the left and -1.6 on the right

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I did the same mod with the scat pack springs and bilstein struts and love it. Did you install camber bushings in the rear? Did you use the SRT alignment specs of -0.75 +/-0.55 for the rear or the regular rear of -1.75+/-0.55? (Quoted from the factory 2015 shop manual). I know my rear is way out of whack now(and non-adjustable without the camber bushings)...-2.1 on the left and -1.6 on the right
I actually JUST bought new tires after finding out my alignment was all out of whack in the rear, the shop advised me to get some bushings (or spacers as they called them) but I'm not even sure where to start looking. I'd like to not completely shred my new Indy 500's

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Back from the dead! It been a long time since I’ve visited the forums or even did anything to the Charger, but after almost two year i decided to make some additions and refresh a bit...

121 - 140 of 142 Posts