My Road & Track "Build"

Discussion in '2015 Dodge Charger Forum' started by RickAKATed10, Dec 15, 2016.

1. RickAKATed10

RickAKATed10 Member Public Safety

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    I haven't gotten the PCM installed at the dealer yet. I'll update the thread once I do and write a proper review.

2. Dj1ofdet

Dj1ofdet New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Nice ride! I've got the exact same canvas as you do and for sure liked seeing some of my ideas in play. How did the ride quality change after changing the R&T springs to the SRT ones?

3. Jason P

Jason P New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Sorry as I am new...quick question...what is the size of the Scat Pack Rim and tire combo? Looks great! Thanks!

4. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Wheels: 20x9
    Tires: 245/45/20

Jason P likes this.
  5. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Ride comfort didn't change at all, maybe a bit more harsh. Performance wise, however, it really made a big improvement. A lot less body roll.

6. Dj1ofdet

Dj1ofdet New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Thanks for the feedback!

7. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    (4/11/2017) - Installed Speedlogix oil catch can & Speedlogix 84mm ported OEM throttle body.

[​IMG]

Ported on the left, stock on the right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I cracked my engine cover trying to pop it back on, so for now its off and looks like this. I'm thinking about going with half covers.

[​IMG]

(4/12/2017) - New drilled & slotted rotors arrived.

[​IMG]

Interesting thing about the rotors... I ordered "Power Sport" rotors from the seller "Brake Labs" on ebay, but when I got my UPS delivery confirmation email it said they were from "R1 Concepts Inc." When the package arrived, the box had no branding at all, but I cross checked the return address and sure enough, it came from R1 Concepts. I only paid $162.11 shipped for all four rotors. I then purchased a full set of Raybestos Element 3 EHT pads, which I previously used on my M11 and felt they performed well. I haven't installed the brakes yet, so no reviews at this time.

I also only have about 2 miles of driving on the catch can and throttle body, so no reviews on those yet either. I will update this thread with reviews and new mods as I continue to upgrade my Road & Track. Stay tuned.

ebnfelestine, tal822 and B4TD4D like this.
  8. jimmy2shoes

jimmy2shoes New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Ivory Pearl
    Never mind. Found it.

Thanks again bro.

9. tal822

tal822 Member

Media:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R/T R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2016
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Sorry about your engine cover..... Nice thread tho!

RickAKATed10 likes this.
  10. Musclemass

Musclemass New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    6th Gen - 2006
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Inferno Red
    Hey there RickAKATed10. Any updates on the recent mods. Did ya get your brakes installed?

11. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    No, sorry, no updates yet. Brakes are still in boxes. Stay tuned.

12. spiro

spiro Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2016
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Awesome thread I will be following along closely. Quick question about the throttle body Will that void a warranty? I love all the mods you are doing look amazing.

13. ebnfelestine

ebnfelestine New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Hello boss,

really love your art

Keep it up

RickAKATed10 likes this.
  14. Aaron Jefferson

Aaron Jefferson New Member

Vehicle:
    Dodge Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    It looks really good;I cant wait for an update.

RickAKATed10 and ebnfelestine like this.
  15. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Thank you. I doubt it would ever void the warranty. It is an OEM unit, same as the one it replaced, just slightly ported to match the exact dimensions of the intake manifold. The only way that it could be detected as being modified is if it is pulled off and measured.

Now that I've been driving around with the throttle body installed, I feel that it might help slightly with throttle response. I don't have hard numbers to give you, but I think it is also improving my miles per gallon, again, slightly.

16. jimmy2shoes

jimmy2shoes New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Ivory Pearl
    I pulled the trigger on these rotors earlier this week. Just received the shipping confirmation email, and it does say they are from R1 Concepts. Now just to find some good pads. Have you installed them yet?

RickAKATed10 likes this.
  17. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Ride looks nice man. You and I have the same car. I almost wanted to start looking around and pull the trigger on an actual Scat Pak. I've had my car two years already and don't do much driving and I'm anticipating I'll take a hit on my old one and be more in debt with the new one so I passed and now I'm looking at doing some upgrades.
    I actually had a shop do OEM front brakes, cost was 375 OTD new front rotors and pads. Those black ones you got look nice though. Are you going to do anything with the calipers?
    I plan on picking up some wheels as well may go Gloss Hellcat style.
    Did you keep the OEM tire size?

18. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    I'm in the process of installing my brakes now. Its been an experience to say the least. I'll explain in another post.

I too was looking at a Scat Pack, but the dealership just would not budge on the prices at all. I got my Road & Track for $7,000 under MSRP and they gave me a great trade-in price, at least I thought so, on my M11. I've since considered trading up, but I think I'd take too much of a hit on my current loan. As far as the brakes and calipers go, I ended up buying red Power Stop manufactured powder coated calipers. I'll explain further in another post. At this time, yes, I'm still running the stock Goodyear RS-A II tires, although I've been shopping for new ones because they just don't grip as much as I'd like, and I want to go 275/40/20 for the rear.

19. RickAKATed10

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    (5/2017) - Installed new brakes...

I'm technically still in the process of installing everything because I ran into some problems. I planned on simply painting my calipers last year, so I picked up a red G2 caliper paint kit, but I let it sit on a shelf in my garage for nearly a year and I think it went bad. After disassembling my brakes, I taped everything off and stirred up the paint, only to find black specs floating inside the can. At this point, my car was sitting on jack stands in my drive way so I did not want to wait weeks to receive a new paint kit so I purchased a Dupli-color caliper paint kit at my local O'Reily's Auto Parts. I got back home, stirred it up, and started painting. I did two coats. Now, I don't know what happened, whether it was poor prep, environmental (temperature change/drop), bad paint, user error, or what, but the finish looked terrible. I let the paint sit and dry for approximately 10+ hours, and when I went to reassemble everything, the paint was still very tacky and it had runs everywhere. When I grabbed the caliper bracket, which I took indoors to paint, my rubber gloves just stuck to them and caused the paint to just "move" around on the surface. In my opinion, I ruined my calipers. They looked very bad, and I was very unhappy. My step-dad recommended that I strip the paint, and just reinstall everything, but I knew I would never be satisfied with that and it would be a royal pain to remove the paint. I began considering removing them and having them professionally powder coated, but I thought that would be quite expensive and again, take a long time to complete. I need my car, and my wife was growing impatient with the delay in my project. She wasn't happy when the box of rotors came in the mail to begin with. I started shopping around, and found that Power Stop sells red powder coated re-manufactured calipers for, what I thought, was a reasonable price, so I pulled the trigger. $270 shipped, plus a $100 core refund. Again, I ran into problems. They sent out the correct front calipers, but the rears were wrong. The caliper brackets fit, however they shipped with the smaller size calipers meant for solid rear rotors. I called the seller and described the error and they were very helpful and promptly resent the whole set, even though I told them several times I only needed the rear. Well I finally have everything I need to complete the job. I'll fit the rear calipers up in the next couple of days, bleed the lines, add new fluid, and I should be back on the road. I'll also finally be putting my WRT wheels back on for the summer. 'Bout time. I hate that I've been rolling on my winter setup now into almost the end of May, but I kept putting it off because I knew I'd be doing the brakes, and figured why do it twice.

Here's a shot of the new front brake setup.
    - R1 Concept drilled & slotted rotors
    - Raybestos Element 3 EHT pads
    - Power Stop powder coated calipers

[​IMG]

I'll have a few more pictures of the complete setup, along with a review once the installation is complete. I also picked up a set of "MOPAR" high-temp decals for the calipers, which I feel will give it a nice, detailed and completed look overall.

Thanks again for reading and sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    jimmy2shoes and tal822 like this.
  20. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Nice update, that sucks to hear about the paint issues. I never thought of potential problems from it sitting for too long. I'm glad you got it worked out