Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I usually have a pretty good grip on interior cleaning, but I've run into something I don't know how to approach. My nav screen has a film on it, like if you were to take a wet, dingy rag and run it over glass. It's like smeared water spotting, for lack of a better phrase. I just tried seeing if I could rub it off and get down to clean plastic, but no, it just goes back to being fogged over and lookin' crappy. Anyone have any thoughts on how to tackle this? I'll try and post pictures later to help illustrate what I've got going on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to recall the screen being vaguely foggy when I bought her, so you may well be right. A headlight restorer might be a good idea, but I wonder if it would negatively impact the capacitive screen.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
I cant say it wont hurt the screen. It just came to mind as a way to revitalize a plastic screen. I don't see how it could hurt it, but I certainly am no expert.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I try to avoid windex, but it's been a while since I've cleaned the screen. I'm worried that I may have hit it with an armor-all cleaning wipe last time.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
There's a ton of home remedies on the net, but u know how that goes, do at your own risk. The most popular seems to be a damp polishing cloth and toothpaste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts