Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don’t often use it so not sure if it’s related to that over the air update a little while back. Nav has no idea where I am or what direction I’m headed. Does have me within a mile or so of current location but has the car icon just going wherever. Any easy known fixes?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Not sure what year your Charger is (mine is 2015 and required the update) but if your Nav unit was suppose to get the update and you didn't get it, lack of the update would cause the problems you are experiencing. We were suppose to get the update via OTA but many of us (including me) did not.

You can check for an update by surfing to driveuconnect.com and entering your VIN, it will tell you if there is an update for your Uconnect system with Nav. If there is, follow the instructions that are provided and you will be good to go shortly. Or, you can go to your dealership and have them apply the update if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

·
Registered
368 Posts
To be honest, I don't think I've used mine since the last update (on an actual drive), but it appears to work fine. I have a 2015. If the OTA update doesn't work (it did not for me on two tries), the download is really easy to do. But it does require the car to be running for about 30 minutes while the update is loading. So it needs to be in a secure area, or you sitting there twiddling your thumbs for 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. I didn’t do anything other than just have the map displayed while commuting home. Seemed to settle down in the stop and go on the way to 280. I’ll check back again tomorrow to see and let y’all know if it’s actually corrected itself.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Just an FYI, if you go into your Uconnect system settings and check info, if the firmware ID number starts with a 17, it is the old firmware. If the firmware ID number starts with an 18, you have the new firmware.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don’t often use it so not sure if it’s related to that over the air update a little while back. Nav has no idea where I am or what direction I’m headed. Does have me within a mile or so of current location but has the car icon just going wherever. Any easy known fixes?
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an FYI, if you go into your Uconnect system settings and check info, if the firmware ID number starts with a 17, it is the old firmware. If the firmware ID number starts with an 18, you have the new firmware.
Ok so it only boogers up when I input a destination. If I’m just looking at the map w/o set destination it’s fine. I am still on the old firmware. Guess I’ll have to buy a usb drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts