Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for anyone interested. There is now an in-motion hack for REC for the newest Navigation upgrade disc version AI. I can say first hand that it works great and the map updates were much needed for me here in Atlanta :TU:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Any hint as to where the hack can be obtained (of course we all have purchased the original NAVTEQ release) ?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I might have this disc in my REC nav already... If it's the same... works awesome. (funny enough, liljoejoe54 would know better then me if my REC has it or not... LOL)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I might have this disc in my REC nav already... If it's the same... works awesome. (funny enough, liljoejoe54 would know better then me if my REC has it or not... LOL)
I think you got the AE or AF version in it. So the AI would be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Blstrick...thanks for the info on the AI disc! It worked awesomely, just like you said!
For anyone with questions about teh AI upgrade...PM blstrick55!

DrBill

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well AI is the latest version of maps so it's got the newest roads/neighborhoods and all that. But the in-motion hack lets you use all the functions of your navigation system while the car is moving. Basically it makes your navigation function like the car is sitting still at all times so you can input addresses/locations on the go without pulling over. It's really nice especially when you're on a road trip or have a passenger that can input an address while you drive.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yeah, I have the AF disc. It's a pain living in Canada... only cities that get updated are Toronto and Vancouver... they don't care about the rest of us.

I'd like to see if the AI map update has any improvements for Manitoba. I drove about 10 miles outside my city... Not even on dirt roads today and as soon as I left the main highway on to a smaller highway it was like "?!?!?!? Uhhh... You're on your own" Some Nav.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I have the AF disc. It's a pain living in Canada... only cities that get updated are Toronto and Vancouver... they don't care about the rest of us.

I'd like to see if the AI map update has any improvements for Manitoba. I drove about 10 miles outside my city... Not even on dirt roads today and as soon as I left the main highway on to a smaller highway it was like "?!?!?!? Uhhh... You're on your own" Some Nav.
If you let me know a specific address or two I can look them up for you and let you know if they're on there... Don't know if that helps or if there's just specific areas that don't work

·
Registered
528 Posts
PM Blastrik55 above...

DrBill

·
Registered
2 Posts
in motion disk

Thanks BLSTRICK55. received my disk today. AWESOME. Thanks very much. when we go to Canada this summer this will work great.

thanks again,

coxey

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a couple of PMs about it, so for anyone interested the latest version AJ with in-motion hack is now available.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts