Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i have a 2010 sxt with the normal deck, and the regular temp controls.
This is the dash i have.:TD:

NOW,
I want to get the navigation dash, the stock one that comes with satelite radio and put it in here, and i ALSO want to find a steering wheel with the radio controls on it, and install them in my sxt. :TU:

Can this work? Or should I just get an aftermarket tv deck? Can the steerwheel controls hook up to any after market deck?

I dont want it to do anything special, although i DO want to add some subs going in the back.

Can subs be run from the navi unit? Or would I need an after market deck + amp anyway?

need some serious info on the topic!

THANKS GUYS!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I don't have a navi deck but I have a single din kenwood headunit to control my subs and If your getting subs then I highly recommend getting an aftermarket deck with sub control options it will help you get the most out of them, and your steering wheel buttons can be added but in order for it to be able to control an aftermarket deck you will need a special converter. If you have an audio shop your planning to go to I would go there and tell them what your looking for and see what they say.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response
maby im being picky here, lol but i want my setup to be:

TV with or without touch sceen, but pref a touch screen with some buttons so i dont have to be staring at it while driving.
WHAT would you recommend ??

I really like the navi unit that it comes with, but you made a good point about being able to adjust my subs, cuz im an audio freak and i like being able to tweak and cut them off if i need to!

I guess my best bet would be an aftermarket tv deck, but which one is a good one?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just got a pioneer avic z120bt head unit myself. Its a bit expensive $800+ but has dvd,navi,direct ipod control 3 sets of 4v outputsfor subs, rearview cam connection and output for additional monitors, plus built in bluetooth and dual zone audio/video. Great clean all in one head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts