Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Charger R/T Hemi 5.7L. I want a a deep growl from my exhaust but i dont want the whole city to hear it. My budget is $400. Any suggestions? Feel free to send sound clips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with Spin Tech Pro Street 6000 that I got on amazon. I'm loving em since I wanted something that's louder yet something that doesn't deafen me. Now she growls on the low end and gets loud when I pin it. (I cut off my mid mufflers and resonators and placed them instead).

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Flow Masters have worked good for me
I have the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.Below is a YouTube video demonstrating the sound of various Flowmaster mufflers. It's a few years old now so it doesn't include the newest mufflers ... but it should give an idea of how the sound changes across the product line. If you eliminate the resonators you will experience increased drone in the passenger compartment. It's annoying to some owners but other owners don't seem to mind it. I replaced the factory resonators with 12" Magnaflow perforated core mufflers. It eliminated the drone. Link below to Blastn' Bob's shows the 12" glasspacks.

Performance Mufflers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts