Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got a problem with my '08 Charger. I've got no power to the A/c Heater control. The dealer says there is no power coming into the rear fuse panel. I've replaced all fuses and relays in the the rear. They want to replace the entire system at a cost of 3K. Any thoughts? I'm thinking #14 is down.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sure they do. It's probably a short wire. If you have a volt meter I would do some lurking around and see if there is a place that you get power from and 8th it stops between certain points.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The codes said there was an "Open ignition circuit" and the control panel runs off that. Could there be a problem in the WIN? It's 500 bucks for a new ignition control and keys off ebay. The airbag light is also on after I've replaced the clock spring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yea you may gbe getting more failures from that control other than the ac not working. its a ignition switch so meaning that when you starting the car its supplying power to other modules also. so if you have a short somewhere in that control youll be experiencing other fault also. is the ignition control what is the problem that the dealer said? or is that what you think the problem is. i would have them explain what is exactly wrong act dumb i do it all the time and fix my own stuff. lol

and why did you replace the clock spring for?

·
Registered
211 Posts
It could be the ignition Control. I've never had problems with cars like that. If u want to spend the 500 do it. It's better than 3k. The ignition control is encountering open circuit which pretty much means there's a break in the circuit. Not sure but don't you have to get the keys re programmed to your car after that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the FOBIKs have to be reset. I ended up just jumping the dead circuit over to one that wasn't being used. I know it's a little low rent but I really don't feel like dropping 500 bucks on something that may not even fix the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts