Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the RB5 upgrade off of Ebay.. which it takes the 4.3 uconnect and bezzel and replaces it with 8.4 Uconnect touch screen and bezzel. Ive installed this product and its absolutely amazing compared to the 4.3.. HOW EVER.. This product didnt come with the Satellite/Navigation Antenna. I ordered the antenna from Mopar and it came but it didnt come with the wire that goes from the back of the unit to the antenna. Also, the climate controls are not working properly and reads out 22 degrees all the time. My local dealership is no help to me at this point, they are unexperienced with the RB5 upgrade. Any help on this matter or where i can find the necessary parts needed is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it has been a costly upgrade.. but as of now only half of it works.. I have no navigation nor do i have satellite radio. the antenna part is what im stuck on.. i asked the seller for an antenna and he sent me one Part: #05064908AA and i asked for the cord and he than later sent me part: #05064186AA but no wires to connect to the back of the unit to run through the headliner to the antenna that mounts on the roof of the car. I bought the Charger SE without Satellite radio.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dealer should help you flash it so your car recognizes the new unit, then it should be good to go hopefully, I am jealous!!!! Hope it all goes good for you :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
im sorry but whats the RB5?
It's the Uconnect 8.4, they make two models the RE2 which doesn't have the capability of navigation, and the RB5 which does has the capability of navigation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
Having the same issues, plus a little more.
Sometimes my screen will default back to the climate control screen, and then will act up.
Act up as in you have to double tap all the buttons, and it will force it's way back to the climate screen...
Anyone else having this issue?
Also sometimes the controls behind the steering wheel will also not work.

Did the sales code and Tipm reconfig work for you??

·
Registered
666 Posts
The dealership should be able to use the star tool to make it all work properly. Your computer needs to be flashed with the proper software to get it all to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts